cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller not responding

Hi, I've bought item with 2 years UK warranty 6 months ago. Now I need to send the item for the repair because it has some software issues and firmware upgrade didn't helped. 
Now, the seller is not responding for my messages and I do not have any invoice. How to proceed with the warranty repair? How to force the seller to send invoice so I can contact some authorised service center?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Seller not responding

If the seller is not an authorized seller for that company then there is no warranty for more than 30 days after delivery

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Seller not responding

@eagleking86,

The previous reply is correct.  New Items sold online by sellers who are not Authorized dealers of the Manufacturer's products are not covered by their warranty, even if the product is still under their warranty coverage time frame.  The only invoice a seller can send you is the one for their ebay payment, which would not be accepted by the Manufacturer. 

eBay's Money Back Guarantee only covers items received within 30 days of you receiving it. If it has been less than 30 days since then, go to your purchase history click on the More actions button, select Return item, then select Item is defective as the reason.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Seller not responding

Hello,

thanks for the answer, I didn't mentioned it. The seller claims to be authorised distributor. But, how can I force him to send me invoice or how can I force eBay to send me contact info? 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Seller not responding

You should contact the manufacturer. They can determine if the seller actually is actually an authorized dealer. You should be able to print a proof of sale from your purchase history. As for eBay releasing the seller's contact info, that won't happen without a court order.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Seller not responding

It is sad but most sellers who claim some warranty in their listings are completely unable to honor it (for reasons of authorized distributor one, but also simply being sold on ebay might void some warranties).

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Seller not responding

You need to contact the manufacturer and find out if this seller truly is an authorized dealer.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Seller not responding

@eagleking86 wrote:

Hi, I've bought item with 2 years UK warranty 6 months ago. Now I need to send the item for the repair because it has some software issues and firmware upgrade didn't helped. 
Now, the seller is not responding for my messages and I do not have any invoice. How to proceed with the warranty repair? How to force the seller to send invoice so I can contact some authorised service center?

Force?

You don't.

Warranties on items sold on ebay have an ebay "warranty" for 30 days. Your credit card most likely has a "warranty" for 180 days.

Unless your seller was also the manufacturer any warranty they gave you is worthless.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Seller not responding

Any seller claiming warranties they can't honor should be a reporteable offense.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Seller not responding

@broto_64 wrote:

Any seller claiming warranties they can't honor should be a reporteable offense.

For eBay to do what? It's not something verifiable through the eBay system, meaning it's something eBay would have to independently verify. And that's not something they're ever going to devote manpower to.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply