cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller never sent the Item I purchased as a Guest on Ebay

I purchased an item on Ebay as a Guest on 13 Dec 23, the item was suppose to arrive on 22 Dec 23.  Item never arrived as stated.  Contacted seller and no response.  Seller was edwske1187 .  I did contact Ebay and finally open a case number for missing item and Asked to cancel my purchase.  They informed me to wait until 30 Dec 23 so they could contact the seller.  Today is the 3oth and I have not heard from seller or Ebay customer support.   Is there a number I can call and talk to a live person at Ebay Customer Support.  Tried everything possible, they keep taking me to Ebay web site to get inforamtion and notheing is there.  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I did contact Ebay and finally open a case number for missing item...

@blackwa_6580 

If you opened a case, check the status of it. It might be time to escalate it to eBay. Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the information.  Would like to talk to a live person, but it seems impossible with Ebay!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@blackwa_6580 wrote:

Thanks for the information.  Would like to talk to a live person, but it seems impossible with Ebay!

It is; as well as you cannot 'name and shame' here (see community guidelines on the right). 

You can open a 'not received' for a refund typically, but you have to have an account, without an account, there is no record of the purchase on this system, so you'll have to request from either Paypal or your Credit Card (depending on how you paid)

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You can open a 'not received' for a refund typically, but you have to have an account, without an account, there is no record of the purchase on this system, so you'll have to request from either Paypal or your Credit Card (depending on how you paid)

This hasn't been true for a number of years. Guest purchases have full coverage under the MBG. Here's the full policy:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/returning-item/returning-...

@blackwa_6580 

You don't need to talk to a human. That actually will complicate things, as eBay cases are automated. You need to go back to the case and ask eBay to step in. If you can't do that today it may be because all the waiting periods in cases are based on business days. The next business day is next Tuesday, because of the Monday holiday.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@blackwa_6580 wrote:

@blackwa_6580 

Trust us... you would not like talking with a live person. Everything is automated. Do as @kathiec advises. Good luck.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply