cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller has stopped responding and has not refunded me back the postage return

I have purchased the item with no return policy, however this seller sent a wrong item and I had to post back the item. As the seller was unable to generate the return label, he had asked to pay for it first and he will send the refund via Paypal. His last message that he will send it to my paypal but has since stopped communicating and hasn’t sent the payment. The returned item as shown on tracking was already delivered on his address. And I still have not heard from him.

Ebay already processed the original paid amount back to me but the seller still owes me the returned postage that I paid, which he committed to pay. Ebay said that I continue contacting the seller and has not taken action about it. In need of advise of how I can reach to this seller. Meanwhile he still continues to trade in Ebay and it’s likely he will do the same to the future buyers.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you kick hard enough, ebay may give you a courtesy refund but they cannot force the seller to pay after the fact.   There is definitely a flaw in the system when an international return is involved as we do read about this same scenario every once in a while. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 33 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

@extremeoutdoorgirl wrote:

I have purchased the item with no return policy, however this seller sent a wrong item and I had to post back the item.

As the seller was unable to generate the return label, he had asked to pay for it first and he will send the refund via Paypal. His last message that he will send it to my paypal but has since stopped communicating and hasn’t sent the payment. 

When the seller @extremeoutdoorgirl sent you the wrong item, you already knew that he cannot be trusted.

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

While the seller was still responding he kept justifying he made a mistake and he will fix it. However he ghosted all of a sudden.

why is Ebay not protecting us against this?

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

While the seller was still responding he kept justifying he made a mistake and he will fix it. However he ghosted all of a sudden.

why is Ebay not protecting us against this? 

nh7235_0-1679092223448.jpeg

Because eBay said they would not.

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

Sorry, the seller was supposed to send you the funds to ship it back first.

Since you paid it, there's no way to make the seller pay you back.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 43
latest reply

It seems like this is how the sellers can scam their buyers now.

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

EBay does protect its buyers if the buyers follow eBay's procedures. Had you opened a 'not as described' return through eBay's Money Back Guarantee you would have been sent a return label to send the item back. Since you chose to do the return outside of eBay they won't be able to help you now. 

I suggest you read about the Money Back Guarantee. It's linked on the top right of every listing.

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

You have learned a valuable lesson. outside of your dog & cat, trust no one.

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

As a seller, I can send you a refund on item purchased so you can return it. Sounds like tracking was used so it did cost somewhat. Just so you know the buyer can refund you anything of the item you bought from the item in eBay for return postage. Don't really need Pay Pal to do it.

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

You have learned a valuable lesson. outside of your dog & cat, trust no one.

You’d trust your cat?  You ever had a cat?   🥸 😉

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

As a seller, I can send you a refund on item purchased so you can return it. Sounds like tracking was used so it did cost somewhat.

Just so you know the [seller] can refund you anything of the item you bought from the item in eBay for return postage. Don't really need Pay Pal to do it. 

Your arithmetic is flawed.

Say the item is $100, free shipping, no sales tax. Return postage is $30.

If you the seller @12345jamesstamps refunds $30 of the $100 to pay for return postage

-- how are you calculating on refunding the full $100 for the item

-- when the item is delivered back to you?

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

As the seller was unable to generate the return label, he had asked to pay for it first and he will send the refund via Paypal.

@extremeoutdoorgirl 

Sorry... but you're being snookered. If you opened a Return request, citing 'Not as Described', the seller had the option to send you a prepaid return shipping label. Dang...

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

Does the seller have your paypal address?  If no, how is he supposed to refund you?  Did you send him the address?  The ebay system often blocks sending an email through the ebay system but I read here that it should work if you have bought from that seller?  Do they have your email address for paypal?

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

As the seller was unable to generate the return label, he had asked to pay for it first and he will send the refund via Paypal.

@extremeoutdoorgirl 

Sorry... but you're being snookered. If you opened a Return request, citing 'Not as Described', the seller had the option to send you a prepaid return shipping label. Dang...

Not if the seller was from another country.

Since the OP is from New Zealand, the seller probably couldn't provide a return shipping label.

Have a great day
Message 14 of 43
latest reply

It seems like this is how the sellers can scam their buyers now.

Only the buyers that allow them to.

When they didn't pay the return shipping, you could have returned to the case on day 4 and ask Ebay to step in.

You would have got your refund and probably not have been required to return the item.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 43
latest reply