cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller exempted from standard shipping costs of $14.95 under Authenticity Guarantee for Sneakers?

I purchased this item and just as I was about to make payment I noticed that the shipping costs was $22.80 instead of the standard $14.95 that I usually pay for sneakers purchased under eBAY's Authenticity Guarantee for Sneakers.

Does anyone know why this seller is exempted from charging the standard shipping costs of $14.95 under Authenticity Guarantee for Sneakers? 

Was this because the listing was first created as an auction with a low price (e.g. $9.99) which therefore did not require Authenticity Gurantee and the seller was then able to charge whatever shipping costs they wanted?  If that was the case, when the auction finally ended and went above the minimum threshold for Authenticity Guarantee (I think it's $100?) then why did the shipping costs not update to the standard $14.95 under this program?

If so - seems like this is a shipping cost loophole within the Authenticity Guarantee for sneakers!

https://www.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee/sneakers

Under the FAQ :

What is eBay shipping?

In addition to our Authenticity Guarantee service, we’re also streamlining shipping to make it much easier for buyers and sellers! For all Authenticity Guarantee eligible sneakers, buyers will pay a flat shipping fee of $14.95 USD in the US, $30 USD in Canada, and $45 USD in Australia. Our new handling time requires that sellers send Authenticity Guarantee eligible sneakers to the authenticator in 3 business days or less, and buyers will receive their items within 3 days from following authentication. That means buyers can expect to receive their sneakers faster than ever!

Why is the shipping fee on my listing different from the eBay shipping fee?

When sellers create new listings, or update their listings that qualify for eBay shipping, the shipping fee will be updated accordingly to $14.95 USD in the US, $30 USD in Canada, and $45 USD in Australia. Over time, more listings will include eBay shipping fees to provide buyers with a clear and consistent sneaker shopping experience.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Seller exempted from standard shipping costs of $14.95 under Authenticity Guarantee for Sneakers

What is the item number ? 
Are you positive it is an Authenticity Guarantee item? 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Seller exempted from standard shipping costs of $14.95 under Authenticity Guarantee for Sneakers

My bad, here you go

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256292308234

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I’m stumped… 

Hopefully another responder will come along with some insight to this issue. Could be a glitch.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Got an update from talking to eBAY customer service, it seems they are classifying this as an IT system error and they will be getting a report out to the IT department for them to work on the programming.  When the auction started it was not listed under the authentication program (and sellers can basically specific any shipping cost they like).  After the bids hit the amount to trigger authentication, it did not trigger the shipping option for the 14.95 FedEx label.

As a gesture of goodwill I was issued a coupon for the difference in shipping costs.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Just as I suspected…a glitch.

Good to hear you’ve got it worked out! 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Will buyers still need to request the goodwill coupon, otherwise the coupon will not automatically

kick in for the buyer ?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It wasn’t requested, the OP received a coupon from eBay because authenticity guarantee shipping wasn’t at the rate it was supposed to be. Essentially eBay made an error and gave a coupon to compensate for the overcharge.

I doubt eBay will issue anyone a coupon because they requested it.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply