cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller emailing you a price and not honoring it

Hi, this is another one of my fun with best offer/make offer problems. I had looked at a seller's dvd, which cost 14.99. Not too long after that, I got an email from ebay/the seller offering me the dvd for 7.00. I went to the listing, but the seller still had it listed for 14.99. I emailed the seller and they stated they made a mistake, and they wouldn't give it to me for 7.00. I accused them of bait and switch/false advertising, and they pretty much insulted me. They then offered it to me for 12.99, which is not the same as 7.00. I know people make mistakes, but this is ridiculous. I tried emailing ebay but there wasn't much they could do. I reported the seller to ebay, but I doubt they'll do anything about it. Any advice would be great. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I got an email from ebay/the seller offering me the dvd for 7.00. I went to the listing,

@kissfreak1975 

Is there a reason you did not pay from the "You have an Offer" screen?  If it was a seller generated offer,  you can pay from there.  The price on the regular listing will not change.  

Keep in mind, too, that it may be eBay sending that offer.  Quite a few sellers have complained about the results of that.  Apparently, it is very easy to miss when listing or revising such things as having eBay automatically send offers among other things that need to be unchecked in some dropdown. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I did follow the link, but it still had the 14.99 price.  The seller told me he made a mistake. I was **bleep**, but I didn't feel like arguing about it anymore. The seller offered me the dvd for 12.99, and I may just take it. I'm just too tired to fight about something like this. I hate the make offer/best offer option sometimes. Ebay puts it up, and when you ask about it the seller doesn't want to honor it and you feel like an idiot when you ask. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Find another seller who has it. I am surprised the seller reduced the price. Some sellers do block a buyer for something such as that. I wouldn't want to buy from someone who insulted me as well.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@kissfreak1975 

if the offer hasn't expired yet, just accept the offer and pay immediately. 

If the seller cancels, he'll have to do it as OOS and will get a ding on his account. 

There's no reason to contact the seller when you receive an offer.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks, everybody. I should remember if one person has the item, someone else will have it eventually. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply