cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller couldn't even bother to use an envelope!

First, I'm a seller here. Second, this is more of a rant than a question, but I'm really ticked off at this seller. The item was only $19 including shipping except they are almost impossible to find. A small plastic grill badge for a pair of B&W speakers made in 1982. 

Finally, some seller in the U.K. listed one of these last month and I purchased it. Today, a folded up piece of paper with a tear on both sides arrived at my mailbox. Inside, a plastic bag, also torn, and just a tiny piece of the peg from the back of the badge. Badge is nowhere to be found.

The seller folded up the customs declaration form to use as an envelope! It even shows the shipping cost they paid, $2.33. They charged me $5.41 for shipping and couldn't even bother to use a bubble envelope!

These pieces are nearly impossible to find and because of really bad shipping practices, another is lost in the wild.

Opened return request for "Arrived Damaged" item, added photos and now I have to wait for a response. 

Some of you might think this wrong, but I left them NEGATIVE feedback because of their complete disregard for the responsibility all us sellers have, try to make sure the item arrives safely.

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

folded up piece of paper with a tear on both sides arrived at my mailbox. Inside, a plastic bag, also torn, and just a tiny piece of the peg from the back of the badge. Badge is nowhere to be found.

I would be peeved as well - UK to the US so the odds of it arriving at all that way would be pretty slim.

Seller also (and buy a lot here).  I don't usually leave a negative (or any FB) until the Seller responds to me and we work thru it or agree to disagree or whatever.  Based on that, I might have left a neutral vs a neg, etc.

So sorry - you finally found one and your Seller placed zero care in getting it here.  We just recd a 29lb+ parcel today that the Seller's idea of packing a really heavy item so it would not moved around was air pillows.  It arrived damaged and had been sloshing around inside the box for 2 weeks on fedex ground.  Getting anything online these days is such a **bleep** shoot.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@pskaudiobe sure to add that seller to your blocked buyers list so they can't retaliate

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

So here's why I was wrong about this seller. They immediately refunded my money and explained the situation as to why it was packed so poorly, someone else packed it. Next, they offered to find me another badge and ship it at no charge. I revised my feedback and awaited the item. It arrived packed very well and was in much better shape than the first. I wound up buying the other one from this set because they are in almost new condition. Seller went above and beyond expectations to make it right. 

If you need parts for a B&W speaker, check with this seller. 

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes, the seller made up for this disaster. BUT he was responsible for delegating the original packing that was done so stupidly. You took a big risk in revising the feedback before you received the replacement. Still, we all love to read a happy ending.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@pskaudio 

Nice! I too love happy endings, thanks for sharing.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply