cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I never receiver my purchase...:(

Good afternoon!

I bought a poster last year: July 18th ( 10 months ago!!! ) ,paid for it but  NEVER  received  the item.I tried to contact the seller and he told me that he had sent the poster and would try to contact the mailing service.

As we were ( and STILL  ARE facing a pandemic) I think the deadline to cancel my order should have been much longer, especially because I did want the product I bought. The seller's feedback is almost 100%  positive, so I  do believe he  sent the item  but  it either got lost or was stolen. I don't think it's right to have paid for something and waited patiently and have no solution after such a long time. I never thought I would face such difficulty in solving a problem with a reliable website like E-bay.

It's very frustating and I really hope we can solve this issue. I'm sending through this post the item and order number.

The item number is: 352831521388

The order number:   03-05416-34885.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope someone from this community will be able to help me!🙏

Yours faithfully,

Valéria Neves

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'm afraid you will have to write off the money you spent on that poster.

It is far, far too late to get any help from either ebay or paypal.   With ebay, you have to open a case within 30 days of the last estimated delivery date.   With paypal, you have to open a case within 180 days of the purchase date.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I'm guessing you used a different account since the one you posted with was created today.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I understand that I didn't manage to meet the deadline.My mother was very sick ( she passed away on may 7th 😞  ) and my kids are studying at home ( due to the pandemic) and many other things happened hat prevented me from contacting E-bay.I just thought that the seller would at least answer my messages and that E-bay would  offer some help.I wouldn't treat a customer this way, but... There are so many unbelievable things happening in our world, so many twisted values.... I just wantet to give it a second shot.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm very disappointed with the company and don't plan to buy there anymore or recommend it,but... Living and learning...

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It, literally, takes less than two minutes to file an  Item Not  received claim. I have a difficult time believing anyone,  no matter their lifestyle, doesn’t have that two minutes in 10 months To expect eBay to make an exception for you. That is just not reasonable.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Sorry, I misspoke. You basically had 6 months. 30 days to file on eBay and 180 days on PayPal.  It would be unfair for eBay to make exceptions just for selective buyers. It would appear you have completely overlooked the eBay MBG for buyers. If you intend to buy on eBay In the future it’s imperative you read this. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Why you didn't contact to Ebay at that time?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Yes! Sorry if I make any mistakes in trying to explain this inconvenience I had with this purchase ( this was the first time I had a problem with an Ebay purchase, ok) ... English is not my native language : ) I used my husband's account which was created in 26th  jan 2013 ( alexneves31). The problem is that I didn't want to cancel the purchase because I really wanted the poster and because the status of the purchase showed that it was an USPS FIRST CLASS MAIL and that it was in transit and I didn't want to harm the seller, because she sent the item as she was supposed to.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Yes! Sorry if I make any mistakes in trying to explain this inconvenience I had with this purchase ( this was the first time I had a problem with an Ebay purchase, ok) ... English is not my native language : ) I used my husband's account which was created in 26th  jan 2013 ( alexneves31). The problem is that I didn't want to cancel the purchase because I really wanted the poster and because the status of the purchase showed that it was an USPS FIRST CLASS MAIL and that it was in transit and I didn't want to harm the seller, because she sent the item as she was supposed to.

The problem is that I lost the right to do anything in an atypical time (pandemic) because I trusted I was going to receive my purchase. It seems to me that it isn't reasonable or fair for a customer to be left at the end of the deal without the purchased item or the right to be refunded. If there is no proof that the item was delivered to me, and in fact I didn't receive it, how can it be a fair transaction, based simply on the fact that I didn't receive what I paid for. Regardless of any rule, there should be an internal provision for solving cases like that, which are probably minimal, but definetely damage in a permanent way a reputation and relationship in which in our case had already existed for at least 8 years.

It's not a matter of making an exception, but simply making it fair and free of flaws : )

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thanks a lot for your help!

Sorry if I make any mistakes in trying to explain this inconvenience I had with this purchase ( this was the first time I had a problem with an Ebay purchase, ok) ... English is not my native language : ) I used my husband's account which was created in 26th  jan 2013 ( alexneves31). The problem is that I didn't want to cancel the purchase because I really wanted the poster and because the status of the purchase showed that it was an USPS FIRST CLASS MAIL and that it was in transit and I didn't want to harm the seller, because she sent the item as she was supposed to.

The problem is that I lost the right to do anything in an atypical time (pandemic) because I trusted I was going to receive my purchase. It seems to me that it isn't reasonable or fair for a customer to be left at the end of the deal without the purchased item or the right to be refunded. If there is no proof that the item was delivered to me, and in fact I didn't receive it, how can it be a fair transaction, based simply on the fact that I didn't receive what I paid for. Regardless of any rule, there should be an internal provision for solving cases like that, which are probably minimal, but definetely damage in a permanent way a reputation and relationship in which in our case had already existed for at least 8 years.

It's not a matter of making an exception, but simply making it fair and free of flaws : )

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I did contact Ebay at the time! Sorry if I make any mistakes in trying to explain this inconvenience I had with this purchase ( this was the first time I had a problem with an Ebay purchase, ok) ... English is not my native language : ) I used my husband's account which was created in 26th  jan 2013 ( alexneves31). The problem is that I didn't want to cancel the purchase because I really wanted the poster and because the status of the purchase showed that it was an USPS FIRST CLASS MAIL and that it was in transit and I didn't want to harm the seller, because she sent the item as she was supposed to.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply