cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller cancels order and states buyer requested cancellation when I didn't.

I'm mainly a seller here, so this is not some anti-seller rant.

Auction listing with a starting price of 99 cents and free shipping. I bid, won at starting price and paid promptly.

I Receive a message saying order is cancelled at buyer's request. I did not request the cancellation and they did not ask me to request a cancellation.

Seller sent me a message after the order was cancelled:

Greeting!

Thank you for your purchase from our store. Sorry but we have a bad news that due to the quality of this batch of items is not as we expected ,so that we have to return them to our supplier for good ones,but they told us that they don't have this item available now. And certainly we can't send the bad quality ones to you.

In order to protect your profit, we decide to cancel your order at first. Then once we get the good ones back, we notify you to come and buy it, is that ok for you?

Sorry to give you any inconvenience and hope you can forgive us and accept our apologize and your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to your reply. Best regards,
R

My question, should I report it to eBay since I never requested the cancellation? I understand that at 99 cents the seller's going to lose money on this transaction, but they way they did this seems pretty shady. I can't leave them feedback and they don't get dinged for cancelling an order as they would have for the reason stated in the message.

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Seller cancels order and states buyer requested cancellation when I didn't.

You can report the seller for canceling using the wrong reason here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicId=4850

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for the link. Seller reported.

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You are very welcome.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply