cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Feedback % Doesn't Show on Listings

Hi,  

I posted about this seller a week or two ago after she canceled the auction after I won it and then claimed I wanted to cancel it, which I did not. Then she relisted the item for a higher base price. I reported her to eBay and last night I noticed that I was able to leave her negative feedback for her dirty deed. But I'm wondering why her 5 listings show her user ID to the right with a (26) next to it for her number of feedback received over the years but no 0% under it. My negative feedback was the only feedback she has got in the last 12 months. It's not a big deal but I had hoped her poor rating would show up on her listings. TIA for any info on this.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Seller Feedback % Doesn't Show on Listings

If a seller has not received any positive feedback in the last year, no feedback percentage is displayed in the seller information section of the listing.

If that seller receives a positive rating in the next year, the percentage will be displayed (as 50%).

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If a seller has not received any positive feedback in the last year, no feedback percentage is displayed in the seller information section of the listing.

If that seller receives a positive rating in the next year, the percentage will be displayed (as 50%).

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

When you check this sellers FB by clicking on the FB > Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 0%

Just because you left a negative feedback that does not mean the positive (26) count will decrease, it remains the same only there is now (1) showing under her negatives.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for the input.
She has about 5 listings but the item she canceled on me after I won the auction isn't one of them. 
eBay might have removed the listing because of the way she treated me with that item.
I guess someone also might have won the auction for it or bought it with Buy It Now. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@transplantn,

eBay will not show a seller's feedback to be less than 0%.  On the original listing if you saw the (26) but there was no % you should have checked before bidding. If their feedback was (0) You should have checked as well.  This is one reason why you should check the feedback profile of each seller before bidding/buying, even those who have a 100% rating.

I checked the seller's feedback page and found that except for the feedback you left, they hadn't sold anything, or received any feedback for selling before.   I have a feeling the cancellation may have been due to the 21 day payment hold ebay places on new sellers first few payments.  Many new sellers do not know about the hold and how to deal with it, especially those who have been buyers.  On their account your payment was marked as Pending and if it was several days before they cancelled, they may have felt that you had not paid, and therefore had cancelled somehow.

"Then she relisted the item for a higher base price".

Unless ebay pulled the re-listing, there is no indication of either of the 2 items she has sold recently being relisted or sold.   

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@transplantn wrote:

Thank you for the input.
She has about 5 listings but the item she canceled on me after I won the auction isn't one of them. 
eBay might have removed the listing because of the way she treated me with that item.
I guess someone also might have won the auction for it or bought it with Buy It Now. 

@transplantn 

It looks as if the Olympus camera hasn't sold yet. The seller really should have accommodated you. Bummer.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote: ... 

"Then she relisted the item for a higher base price".

Unless ebay pulled the re-listing, there is no indication of either of the 2 items she has sold recently being relisted or sold.   

Here's the auction that the OP left the neg for; it ended on February 4. It had one bidder and ended at $90:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144385329808

Here's the relist that the OP has mentioned; that 10-day auction had an opening bid of $150. It ended on February 14 with no bidders:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144397954548?ViewItem=&item=144397954548

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@transplantn wrote: ... I'm wondering why her 5 listings show her user ID to the right with a (26) next to it for her number of feedback received over the years but no 0% under it.... I had hoped her poor rating would show up on her listings. TIA for any info on this.

I tracked down a couple of other sellers who have 0% ratings, and their percentage didn't show up on their listing pages, either. Perhaps eBay has decided not to display zero percent ratings? They've done quirkier things.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I've had this happen a number of times. People list something as auction that has little demand, so it sells at or near their starting price.... I've bought things where the shipping cost (free shipping) exceeded the winning bid. You left your feedback.... now let it go. If you let too many things bother you here, things will always bother you. Or as I say (points at face) "This is my IDGAF face".

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

If I can't sign in with an alternate user ID here, I don't want to post here any more. Not that I ever posted here much anyway. I posted here not b/c I was upset, I was just curious about something.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I was over tired the other day and may have taken some things the wrong way. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Happens to us all, we get impatient and irritated, we vent, others vent, it helps now and then LOL

No harm no foul and please feel welcome to post here whenever you want to 😊

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 12
latest reply