cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed

I ODERED 401$ worth of things on eBay and I had 378$ left when I woke up all my money was gone I don’t no who scammed me because I did not get a email or anything so if anyone can help me get my money back please do I tried everything eBay help line is no help and that was my rent money I’m thinking about reporting to the police but I’ll wait to see if I get some type of help because that’s just wrong 

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Scammed

My BBL just went up by 1.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 31 of 46
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Mine too.  Sounds to me like someone doesn't want to take responsibility for their actions/in-actions, and ignore sound reasoning, advice or counsel.  As long as they are angry and lashing out, not much we can do.

*shrug

Dang.  14 Negative feedback left for others in the past.  Yeah, the problem isn't the seller here.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I've added more on that since reading the community board than before 

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

And you no this how ?? Y’all all must be sellers 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Message 34 of 46
latest reply

Well, you are the only one yelling and screaming in here.  None of us are.  So the problem isn't us.  You won't find help with your attitude, your yelling, your demands.  eBay is not here.  This is just a forum for sellers and buyers to talk about issues and learn from each other.

Not yell and demand and think everyone is out to get them.

I probably shouldn't even be replying to you, as you obviously don't care what we have to say that could have helped.  You are just bent on being angry and blaming everyone for your problem except the only constant you can control. 

Yourself.

Good luck to you.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

i don't care I'm going to do whatever it takes,,,,,

if you think negging an innocent seller is doing what it takes  to get your money back you are sadly SADLY mistaken. The seller didn't steal your money you say is missing.

I stand by what I said. You are an evil person to deliberately harm an innocent person, and act like you're  proud of it.

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

Not even sure why I am bothering to follow this thread at all. OP has not said anything remotely logical or given any incite into their situation. Waste of time 

Message 37 of 46
latest reply

@alcatel91 wrote:

First of all the police will help so I don’t no what you talking about , second of all it WAS A SCAM AND I BROUGHT FROM SEVERAL SELLERS THIS IS NOT NO MISUNDERSTANDING AND YOU SAYING MY MONEY WENT “POOF” TRYING TO BE FUNNY AT THE END OF THE DAY ALL THESE WEBSITES ARE SCAMMERS AND IAVE PROOF TO SHOW THE POLICE WHAT I BROUGHT AND WHAT I DIDNT PAY FOR SO YOU CAN KEEP YOUR FUNNY COMMENTS TO YOUR SELF ITS NOT YOU GOING TO BE ON THE STREET WITH YOUR KIDS ITS ME SO GO HEAD UNLESS YOUR WILLING TO HELP AND I PAYED THRU MY CREDIT CARD NOT PAY PAL OR NOTHING ELSE 

Look yelling at me serves no purpose whatsoever.  I did not make any joke at your expense.  You may be a bit over sensitive since money can cause all kinds of emotions.  

Well I was willing to help if you were going to give us more details, but really I have no need or desire to share info with someone that is ungrateful and rude.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 38 of 46
latest reply

@alcatel91 wrote:

AND I HAD 378$ IN CASH ON MY CARD MY BANK CARD YOU NO WHAT I MEAN YOUR JUST TRYING TO BE FUNNY LUCKY I CANT CURSE BECAUSE I WOULD BUT IM GOING TO FIND A WAY TO GET MY MONEY BACK WITH OR WITHOUT YOU I PROMIS THAT 

Nope, I'm not a comedian.  

First, you said NOTHING in your original post about it being on your Bank Card, you said "I had 378$ left when I woke up all my money was gone...", so that is a new little bit of information.  Now is that a Debit Card or a Credit card.

Just so you know, sellers have ZERO access to your financial information.  They never see your payment source nor to they have any way to charge your funding source.  That is all handled by Ebay.

Message 39 of 46
latest reply

@alcatel91 wrote:

I DONT CARE IM BLAMING EVERYONE THAT I BROUGHT ITEMS FROM 

Well that is called Feedback abuse and it is against the Ebay rules.  It also will do nothing to help you resolve your issue.  You appear to be blaming people that had nothing to do with your issue.

Buyers have the right to request a cancellation of a transaction.  The seller has the right to accept or deny the cancellation request.  It is possible your seller wasn't available when you sent them your request to cancel.  It could be because of time zones or any number of reasons that a seller isn't available at the time you need them to be.

Because this sale went through, is this part of the reason you are short on money?

Message 40 of 46
latest reply

@alcatel91 wrote:

I never said I was put out I said I soon will get evicted why do you keep making this out to be my fault what you mean why am I shopping on eBay?? I been shopping with them for years and this the first this happened 

I believe they asked because you said without your money you and your son were going to get evicted.  It was a legit question.  If you finances are running that tight right now, is shopping here or anywhere a good idea until after you get your rent paid.  That is not blaming you, it is simply asking a question.  Most people here at one time or more in their lives have found themselves in a similar position about rent money.  I sure know I have.

You keep taking almost anything someone says negatively when it isn't meant that way.  

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@alcatel91 wrote:

AND I HAD 378$ IN CASH ON MY CARD MY BANK CARD YOU NO WHAT I MEAN YOUR JUST TRYING TO BE FUNNY LUCKY I CANT CURSE BECAUSE I WOULD BUT IM GOING TO FIND A WAY TO GET MY MONEY BACK WITH OR WITHOUT YOU I PROMIS THAT 

If you paid using your credit card, what does your bank card have to do with it?

Some people don't know the differences between a credit card and a debit card.  Some also just call them all bank cards.  

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

@alcatel91 wrote:

I don’t care Im going to do whatever it takes call me what you want but you no nothing about me but what I post on here for you to call me evil because MY MONEY WAS STOLEN SOUNDS LIKE YOUR BEING JUDGMENTAL AND IF NO ONE WANTS TO HELP ME THEN DONT COMMENT 🙄

Not a soul here has called you any names.  You are meeting everyone that is trying to help you with venom and rudeness.  To help you we need to know the answers to certain questions.  But you for some reason do not want to share enough details to better understand what happened to you.  You seem more concerned about just throwing negative things out in the world.

The police won't be able to help you without details.  So if you don't what to give the details to them, you will be on your own to figure this out.

Blaming EVERYONE has you have stated is a very sad way to conduct yourself in the Community here and life in general.

You are correct when you say "...you no nothing..."  and that is because even with repeated requests, you don't want to share details with us.  Now there has to be a reason for that.  I have no idea if it is good or bad, but there is some reason why you don't want to tell us more.

We would be HAPPY to help you, but you have to participate in that process by giving us accurate details of what the heck happened.  It is up to you.  You are in control.  Do you actually want help or just some place to vent and sling mud at everyone.

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

@lakefor94 wrote:

@doc-holmes wrote:

Sounds to me like you may have made offers on other items and they were accepted and then you were automatically charged. 

Nice stab and what might have happened.

Doubting if the OP made it to their Purchase History to check on exactly what was purchased. That avenue was suggested earlier today.

In the same vane it could be that because of that one purchase they wanted cancelled but the seller shipped the item.  It could be that purchase that put them over the top financially.

Or it might be, since they said they purchased a few items, that the charges to their card are showing as Pending.  When a buyer pays for an item they are purchasing, Ebay pings that buyer's funding source to make sure the funds are available.  When Ebay does that it puts that amount of money in a Pending status on the buyer's funding source.

Then in the next few hours Ebay works on getting the payment fully processed with the buyer's funding source and the money back to the Seller's account.  When the actual money is removed from the buyer's funding source the Pending transaction should disappear.  But sometimes there is a short period of time where it still appears.  Not long, but it happens.

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

@alcatel91,

Since your posts are so short on information, we've all just been guessing at what the problem is.  My guess is that maybe your debit card/bank account is showing a zero balance because your bank placed a hold on your remaining funds.

If you have a physical bank account (not one of those on line ones) log into your account look at the account your card is attached to, you may see one or several debits from ebay commerce but also line one that says there's a hold for the amount of money you spent by the bank, which will last until the $401 in payments clears. Banks can and do place holds on funds in a account in order to keep you from over drawing your balance.  If you call you bank back the ask the rep if the remaining balance has been placed on Hold, rep should be able to verify that if that is what is going on.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 45 of 46
latest reply