cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed - Wrong Item Received

I bought a Graphics Card from a seller, It was listed for $1500 and they were the only one who accepted my offer for $1300. I sent it to several sellers. Mind you, the item is $699 retail. 

seller was communicative and thanked me several time for buying from them. Fast forward a week, I received the package and to my disappointment; it was a completely different item in the box ($80-90 value). I reached out to ebay and they keep pushing the resolution date. Selller responded saying sorry if you feel the item is nit the value you think, I sent the right item etc.

I am livid and disappointed, My hard earned $1400 that I saved for months to get this item are gone. What should I do? Ebay said the special team is looking into it. I checked the seller profile today and it’s a new profile, created in 2021 with just two sales. 

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Scammed - Wrong Item Received

Thank you! Yes, I did save everything and reported their account as well. I literally saved for a year to afford this card at scaler prices and this happened. I guess it’s my mistake too that I didn’t check their account. I hope ebay will come through. 

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

If what you say is true, you'll win this case. No need to worry.

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

Update: it’s been over 10 days, no response from ebay yet. They are still reviewing the case. I’ve been told to wait 24-48 hours. When I reach out after 48 hours, I’m told to wait again. I’m so frustrated that I might just create a dispute on my cc now and delete the ebay account afterwards. 😞

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

@luxblades wrote:

Update: it’s been over 10 days, no response from ebay yet. They are still reviewing the case. I’ve been told to wait 24-48 hours. When I reach out after 48 hours, I’m told to wait again. I’m so frustrated that I might just create a dispute on my cc now and delete the ebay account afterwards. 😞

I would be doing exactly that - start the CCCB today and stuff eBay and their mucking around.

No way this should be taking as long as it has and I would not be waiting any longer.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 34 of 42
latest reply

@luxblades wrote:

Did you contact them through Facebook messenger?

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 35 of 42
latest reply

Yes I did. They are saying the same thing that back office is looking into it.

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

@luxblades wrote:

Yes I did. They are saying the same thing that back office is looking into it.

Ugh I'd try one more time before I went to my credit card.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 37 of 42
latest reply

Thank you. I feel really sorry for the CSRs as they probably don’t have a system that tells then what is exactly going on as I’m hearing different things in every chat I initiate. I’ve just left a message for fb team on both ebay and ebay small business account.

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

Scratch that. Just received this as I was typing my response.

22F08C79-D3C2-4CC9-9294-4F5D2AFDCD50.jpeg

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

Does it have a return label in the case?

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

Yes, I’m on my way to USPS now. Finally!! 🧘‍♂️

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

@luxblades wrote:

Yes, I’m on my way to USPS now. Finally!! 🧘‍♂️

Woohoo. I definitely the the dollar amount here had a lot to play on the delay. 

Message 42 of 42
latest reply