cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting a Seller

I bought an item months ago and this seller keeps sending me messages trying to get me to go to her website and purchase something there.  I have sent her messages telling her to stop spamming me with her messages  (they seem automated)....but I keep getting them and she doesn't respond.  How can I report her?  Under "report an item"  there are no reasons that match this problem.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Reporting a Seller

The seller is violating the spam policy: https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/spam-policy?id=5033

You can report them here: https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Click the bottom bubble, then it will take you to a page where you can freehand the problem.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Try this link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Choose the last option, "The Seller has violated one of eBay's policies" and follow the prompts from there.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks so much!  Hopefully the messages will stop!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@mynewfindstore wrote:

Thanks so much!  Hopefully the messages will stop!

I doubt it...

I'm not saying this cynically. I say it because many years ago there was a report function in the message system. It was removed because, in eBay's own words, "we don't have time to respond to all these reports".

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@mynewfindstore wrote:

I bought an item months ago and this seller keeps sending me messages trying to get me to go to her website and purchase something there.  I have sent her messages telling her to stop spamming me with her messages  (they seem automated)....but I keep getting them and she doesn't respond.  How can I report her?  Under "report an item"  there are no reasons that match this problem.  

Did you add this seller to your Saved Sellers list?  I ask as in doing so, you may have accidentally signed-up for the seller’s newsletter.  If this seller is a seller who you follow, you can disable receipt of the newsletter on your Saved Sellers page; there should be an unsubscribe option at the bottom of the email as well.  Use the three dots option on the Saved Sellers page via your browser as there are more options via web browser than via the eBay app.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I did not save this seller.  I should have read her feedback before purchasing something....she has a lot of negatives related to this issue of spamming messages.  Also, she seems to be selling a lot of fake designer items claiming the labels have been removed.  I wish sellers like this would be removed!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@mynewfindstore wrote:

I did not save this seller.  I should have read her feedback before purchasing something....she has a lot of negatives related to this issue of spamming messages.  Also, she seems to be selling a lot of fake designer items claiming the labels have been removed.  I wish sellers like this would be removed!

Does the most recent email that you received regarding her items have an unsubscribe option at the bottom?  I ask as I had a seller who sent such messages via eBay and an outside-of-eBay message system and each had an unsubscribe option at the bottom.  As you might guess, I unsubscribed from each.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply