cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Personal medical use items from Feedback COMPLETELY

Removing Personal medical use items from Feedback COMPLETELY.

Bad enough that I have to buy items for personal / medical use for Multiple Sclerosis / colon cancer issues  here on ebay but Now Ebay CANNOT or WILL NOT Remove OPEN PUBLIC feedback COMPLETELY for embarrassing items my customers would see? - this is **bleep**... what about DISCRETION?

I sell RC car items on occasion and cannot have PRIVATE feedback when selling... 

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Removing Personal medical use items from Feedback COMPLETELY

This is what we see, and it's also what you would see if you checked your feedback profile after signing out of your account:

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 3.12.55 PM.png

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

@nascarrccarsboydcoddingtonrccars 

Here is what I see looking at your two latest feedback comments:

eburtonlab_0-1609532189967.png

In some categories, the comments themselves are not displayed at all, just replaced with two dashes for privacy reasons.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

I tried that and it was still showing. Thanks. maybe it was a cache issue

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

Okay, that is taken care of, Admins can delete this when ever

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

@nascarrccarsboydcoddingtonrccars wrote:

no kidding? huh...

No, not kidding. You changed it back to public from private after complaining that everyone can see your sensitive information then say that there is nothing sensitive showing anyway. After people try to help you.

What's your question or are you just entertaining yourself?

-------------
Posting ID
Message 21 of 30
latest reply

@nascarrccarsboydcoddingtonrccars 

It is possible that the comment was removed by eBay after you saw it.

Previously it was possible to view some hidden comments by going to your profile page to see the last five comments; but if I check the comment that was replaced by dashes, this is what I see:

eburtonlab_0-1609532618448.png

Perhaps eBay has changed the way the profile page works so that such comments are no longer shown there, or else eBay has specifically deleted that comment.

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

I asked them to remove the entire thing, ... they never told me what you all have. that the items are not seen.... anyway thanks everyone

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

I DIDNT mention what they were...... shees

Correct, but if "discretion" was your desire, my suggestion was aimed at, while not the product, the reason for said product😊

Not anything that all the world needs to read about here as you post, and identify yourself.

As stated, just a suggestion. If you want to be private, your point of that could be presented without the specific "why" behind it🙂

I have not/will not not venture back to your feedback now that you say it is switched back to "public".  I have no interest in what you have purchased, but note that by posting here you have alerted many eBay'ers other than buyers/potential buyers to dig into your feedback to checkout your "private" business☹️

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

This is what we see, and it's also what you would see if you checked your feedback profile after signing out of your account:

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 3.12.55 PM.png

But we do know, sometimes a bit of Scooby-Doo work with feedback comments, and feedback score, items that have been purchased can be discovered😊

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Okay, that is taken care of, Admins can delete this when ever

This thread does not get deleted.  Here for eternity.

As the OP, you can request that it be closed to future comments, but unless it violates some policies, it is here to be read by all, ...................forever.

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

We are allowed to have multiple accounts.

They can all feed the same payment processor (Paypal. Managed Payments) but each account needs its own credit card number to open.

It's not unusual for a member to have separate buying, selling and posting accounts. Or sell bibles on one account and brassieres on another.

You can also ask your medical supplier not to leave you any feedback. This is usually not a problem, but human error can slip in.

Most of your buyers don't care what you buy. You are not that interesting or important to them. Do you know the name and marital status of the checkout clerk at your favourite supermarket?

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

But we do know, sometimes a bit of Scooby-Doo work with feedback comments, and feedback score, items that have been purchased can be discovered😊

Shhh ... we're trying to be reassuring here.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

"You can also ask your medical supplier not to leave you any feedback. This is usually not a problem, but human error can slip in."

The bigger the supplier, the more likely that they're using one of those programs that leaves feedback automatically when an item is paid for. It's almost impossible to avoid receiving feedback from those sellers.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

I find it ironic that you are leaving details of the items in your feedback YOU leave sellers ON PRIVATE LISTINGS.

The seller chose to have the listings as private listing  and YOU are technically violating the seller's preference.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 30 of 30
latest reply