cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding purchasing an item located outside the US while using the best offer feature

I found something I wanted to buy on eBay Australia website. The seller had not specified how much it would cost to ship the item to the US but the shipping details page said to message the seller to obtain a shipping quote, presumably he did not exclude shipping to the US on the listing. I made an offer on the item and included a message that said "hey mate please let me know how much postage to the US would be, cheers!" something like that and I provided my postal code. My best offer was accepted and he messaged me saying he would see about shipping costs. It's a been a few days now and I haven't heard back from him (I have messaged him at least twice) eBay is reminding me to pay for the item but when I attempt to do so it says contact the seller for shipping costs. The seller is not responding, is the seller in this case obligated to follow through with the sale since my best offer was accepted? I will pay whatever the cost it is to ship to the US so it is not coming out of their pocket so I don't understand what the problem is and I cant stand it when people aren't communicative.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Regarding purchasing an item located outside the US while using the best offer feature

I don't get it.

You did not have to make an offer to learn the shipping cost.  You could have messaged the seller and asked about it without making any commitment.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Regarding purchasing an item located outside the US while using the best offer feature

message the seller one more time asking if they want to cancel the order? if not then just give it up!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply