cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently bought from a ZERO feedback seller, and I have received NO acknowledgement of the sale.

I recently paid for the auction immediately after it ended, and I have not received any acknowledgement from this seller. I was very skeptical about buying from someone with no feedback history, and now I know why. Anyone else have problems with zero feedback sellers? I realize we sellers all had to start at the beginning, but I have always been customer first providing the best service possible. Very disappointed as I really wanted the items.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Recently bought from a ZERO feedback seller, and I have received NO acknowledgement of the sale.

When I first started and far beyond I Had learned that you were suppose to go to See All Orders

and click on Marked as Shipped.  It had to be a customer that told me that. That could be it

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Not anything you can do except file a claim if not delivered.

Since it is a new seller maybe they have not figured out everything yet but hopefully they will ship the item to you soon.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Unfortunately, this leaves me with a bad taste. Moving forward, I probably will not buy from a seller with zero history. I thought, like many, the individual did not read all the ins and outs before starting to sell on eBay. The fact that eBay holds funds for up to 21 days for new seller is an important fact. Starting a seller will need to pay up front for shipping until their trial period is over, and they have proven themselves reliable.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

and I have not received any acknowledgement from this seller.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What does that mean?

Other than eventually purchasing a label....................... I acknowledge none of my sales  with the buyer.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

If a seller just opened an account...which you can see on their feedback...and no feedback...and only selling one item...I would just move on to another seller.

Plus this seller won't see the funds from the sale for 30+ days.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

I've always considered it "acknowledged" if it shows up in my purchase history, or I get an ebay order confirmation email.  It's rare for a seller to contact me after a purchase unless it's repeat business and we're already friendly. 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

What acknowledgment were you expecting to receive? Just as important, what acknowledgment from the seller do you need? I seldom get more than the usual emails from eBay and changes to the item status in my purchase history. And that's just as true with sellers with thousands of feedbacks as it is with zero feedback sellers. 

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Do you see the order in your My eBay > Purchase History?

If not, care to share the item number?

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

eBay is usually excellent when it comes to resolving issues like this and in most instances will refund you the money. One time I received fake merchandise and eBay resolved that issue swiftly. As many others have said, it could be that the seller is new to eBay and has not acclimated themselves to all the features and steps needed when selling items. There are also ways to look up an item you purchased. Rest assured, you can contact eBay customer service and they will help resolve this issue for you. eBay will even contact the seller. 

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

"Anyone else have problems with zero feedback sellers?"

I like to allow other buyers break in the newbies. Sellers have to have earned some credibility here before I buy.

Posting ID
Message 11 of 21
latest reply

If they take the package to the shipper, eBay won't mark it shipped.  They would have to enter the tracking number and might not know they should or where and how. So, your purchase could be moving along.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

The OP needs to read the Money Back Guarantee if this turns out to be an issue.

eBay does not refund unless/until there is evidence of an item not received and the buyer has to open a case.  Yes, there are ways to look up an item you purchased.  Suggested to OP that he check his Purchase History.  Have not yet heard back from him.  

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Care to explain your first sentence further:  "if they take the package to the shipper, eBay won't mark it shipped." Other than having your carrier pick it up, isn't the package almost always taken to the shipper? 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

OP would be much better off opening the appropriate case if needed, than contacting customer service.  Contacting CS through the site prompts will often leave you worse off than you were.  If one has to contact CS, the best results come from contacting them on social media.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply