cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about "Item Not Received" case.

I did not receive my purchase. I informed the seller that my purchase was scanned delivered in New Hampshire and my address is in California. I'm 99% sure the seller just mixed up labels but they have not gotten back to me about it. I know that if you open an "Item not received" case and it's scanned delivered you will lose the case. Does anyone know if that is still the case even if the delivery scan is in a different state? Thanks for any advice!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I am not sure how close a delivery location has to be to be "close enough", but judging by the effort that some scammers go through to provide tracking in the same zip code, scammers seem to think that "closer is better" when it comes to tracking numbers.

It might be worth trying the standard "item not received" case since the delivery is across the country from you.

If that does not work, some excellent advice for dealing with false tracking information of various kinds can be found here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/what-do-I-do-if-I-never-received-my-package-but-tracking-shows/...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Since the INR dispute process is completely automated and doesn't look at addresses, I wouldn't waste my time if seller gave you tracking that shows something delivered somewhere.

If you are willing to go through facebook & twitter, I hear there are real eBay employed human beings authorized to help you there.

If it was me, I would give the seller as long as it took him to convince me he was stringing me along.  Then file a charge back with my credit card.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The bots supposedly check the zipcode if you file INR.   If they fall down on that job appeal the decision to get a human to look at it:    https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/appeal-ebays-decision-return-missing-item-buyers?id...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Part of the evil genius of the fake tracking scam is scammer wins a dispute and the victim can no longer leave feedback for the scammer.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply