cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Privacy in Feedback

I do not have any negative feedback but would like to remove one feedback due to the fact that I would not like the item I purchased to be known to anyone who goes to my profile. I really wish eBay didn't have to list the item purchased with the feedback. Some items are purchased in discretion and I feel it is not a good policy for eBay to display someone's purchase history with feedback for all to see. Is there a way to remove this? Ebay only gives you the option to remove feedback if it is negative, not positive. I don't necessarily need the feedback removed, just the item that was purchased.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Purchase Privacy in Feedback

Hi. @dandyrulz  With a late reply, but if you are still thinking of what to do... 

Avoiding dire consequence requires drastic measures. Close this account.

The name of the seller reveals what was purchased. Even with changes in the law, many workplaces have not changed policies, and even those that change policies may not have changed attitudes. Termination, curtailing advancement opportunities, even gossip is no joke.

Open new accounts, one selling and one buying.  Even then, do not share your eBay names at work.  Being private without being unfriendly takes practice, but do it.

Good luck.

Message 16 of 16
latest reply