cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provide measurements on used clothing

I'm trying to give you my $$$, so frustrating! When I request measurements, about a 50% response rate. Many of the items have been listed multiple times, some for 2 years. it prevents endless back & forth endless messages.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@xarmyoldguard_tog 

I sell (and occasionally buy) used clothing here and you describe my biggest pet peeve of all. Thank you!

I'm careful to list my things with measurements at several points and offer that the prospective buyer check them against a favorite in their closet. If what a customer needs isn't there and they message me, I try my best to pull the item and my seamstress tape until they are satisfied before buying.

I can't remember the last NAD Return I've had, but can tell you that I only had a couple of honest remorse Returns during 2023, and those items have since sold to the right buyers. My listings might be old, but I don't have endless back and forth messages... simply because the info is in the listing.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I would suggest that if the listing doesnt have measurements, especially in clothing, use the back button and find one that does.

Used clothing is a saturated category so there is a very good chance you will find the same item from a seller who has the information you need.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I hear ya, I've had to resort to that in the past. But most of the time, the hoodies & shirts I seek out don't have any duplicates.

Been deep diving on here for nearly 20 years. Which I don't mind doing. I'm currently watching 6 different hoodies, spent a couple hours seeking out similar items. Some are somewhat similar, yet they're not what I'm looking for.

IMO, the most vital information as a buyer, is knowing the measurements. Mainly because most people don't follow the proper way to launder hoodies & shirts. Which literally shrinks them by 4-6 inches in length.

I tried out Poshmark a few years ago, recently closed my account, due to lack of responses by sellers.
Don't get me wrong, plenty of sellers have responded & provided said measurements on eBAY.

Ensuring a perfect fit is all I'm seeking. I was interested in a hoodie 2 weeks ago. Politely messaged the seller, patiently waited for a week. The auction ended with no response from the seller. Seller relists the hoodie. The initial listing of the item was Feb 2022. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@xarmyoldguard_tog wrote:

I'm trying to give you my $$$, so frustrating! When I request measurements, about a 50% response rate. Many of the items have been listed multiple times, some for 2 years. it prevents endless back & forth endless messages.

who are you talking to? 

This site does nothing but allow unlicensed untrained ANYBODIES to 'list/sell' things...

So, simply IGNORE The listings that don't give you the info you want (or know that many have NO CLUE that they get messages and/or to LOOK at them and respond). 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I collect vintage clothing and also buy NWT clothing on here, but for a while I stopped due to this issue. I'm sick and tired of having to ask for basic measurements! I expect that I'll have to ask for more uncommon measurements, but if you're selling pants how do you not think inseam length is crucial?

I see so many listings with not a single measurement... I'm sure it's annoying to measure everything but that's what comes along with selling clothing. It might not make a difference if a reseller is buying them, but if the items are for personal use measurements are necessary. I make it a habit to bypass any listing that doesn't have basic measurements unless it's something I feel like bothering to ask about.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It sounds like you're experiencing frustration with a platform or service where you're trying to make a purchase. Unfortunately, as of my last update in January 2022, I don't have real-time information about specific platforms or services. However, I can offer some general suggestions that might help you navigate this situation:

1. Contact Customer Support: If you're facing issues on a particular platform, reach out to their customer support. They might be able to assist you with the process, provide additional information, or address any technical issues.

2. Check Platform Policies: Some platforms have specific policies regarding communication, listings, and response rates. Make sure you are familiar with and adhere to these policies.

3. Provide Clear Information: When requesting measurements or details, be as clear and specific as possible in your initial message. This can help reduce the need for back-and-forth communication.

4. Explore Alternative Platforms: If the issues persist, consider looking for similar items on alternative platforms where you might have a better experience.

5. Consider Local Alternatives: Depending on the nature of the items you're looking for, you might also explore local or regional options where communication and transactions might be more straightforward.

6. Use Trusted Sellers: Stick to sellers with positive reviews and a good track record. This can increase the likelihood of a smoother transaction.

7. Stay Patient: While it can be frustrating, try to remain patient during the process. Sometimes delays or communication issues can be resolved over time.

If you can provide more specific details about the platform or service you're using, I might be able to offer more tailored advice.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@woodrowmo-30 

You do realize your generic cut-and-paste has nothing to do with the issue in this post, right?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply