cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PayPal Credit

This has happened several times and very frustrating. eBay will indicate that 24 month financing is available through PayPal Credit. I select that option on the eBay side of the purchase process. When it goes to PayPal to complete the transaction, the only options I have are 6 months payments or pay all in one lump sum on my credit card. There is no 24 month option. I get no where talking to PayPal, PayPal Credit or their bank. This used to be a seamless process. Now seems like eBay is advertising 24 month financing (through PPC) and PayPal isn’t aware of that option and won’t give that option. Why is it so complicated now!! In the end eBay and PayPal Credit will lose purchases. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem with PayPal Credit

From that listing; the price includes 6% sales tax:

"PayPal Credit is subject to credit approval ..."  They aren't guaranteeing that these terms will be available, it's an ad. The decision is made by PayPal credit.

image.png

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@tttmic5 

PayPal Credit is a deal between the buyer and PayPal. You would need to contact PayPal to find out what the issue is.

I don't recall seeing details like the length of term available on eBay, it just says PayPal Credit. I think you have to go to PayPal to see what terms they will offer you. It depends on your Credit account and the transaction.

On the listing page:

image.png

On the checkout page:

image.png

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

the terms do appear in some postings under the Buy, Watch buttons. Like:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2021-MORGAN-SILVER-DOLLAR-SET-PCGS-MS-70-FIRST-DAY-ISSUE-1-6-COIN-FDOI-100-...

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

From that listing; the price includes 6% sales tax:

"PayPal Credit is subject to credit approval ..."  They aren't guaranteeing that these terms will be available, it's an ad. The decision is made by PayPal credit.

image.png

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Go to PayPal, set PayPal credit as your first choice for payment.

Onward

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@lacacica_13 wrote:

Go to PayPal, set PayPal credit as your first choice for payment.

Onward 

Check @lacacica_13 the date.

Exit

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

how to you do that.  i do not see this option

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

i do not know how i got there but i found it

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply