cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal error with eBay vault cards

I keep getting an error when attempting to use PayPal to purchase and eBay vault item. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: PayPal error with eBay vault cards

@slaiyanz 

Are you enrolled in the program?

https://www.ebay.com/vault

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It was working until a few weeks ago. Same issue here, very frustrating.

Just use your credit card directly.

A little annoyed because it was eBay who required us to set up paypal for payments 19 years ago to protect our credit card details and address from any unscrupulous sellers. I dealt with one scammer this week. They now have 8 negative feedbacks from other buyers.

Let's hope they are protecting our info using credit cards directly again now.

Paypal does that.

The Transactions worked using credit card directly for the vault items this week ( happened again tonight),

and the error only appears to be happening on vault items I purchased or won when attempting to pay using paypal. So, just pay directly and don't use paypal for any vault items you want to purchase or transfer.

This is also different from the browser time out issues that were happening with Paypal last August and September

Hope this helps!

Best

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

A little annoyed because it was eBay who required us to set up paypal for payments 19 years ago to protect our credit card details and address from any unscrupulous sellers. 

Sellers still don't get your credit card details. Ebay's new payment processor, Adyen, works the same as Paypal did. They get the payment information from eBay, process the payment, and then transfer the proceeds to the seller's bank account, minus eBay fees. The seller never knows what payment method the buyer used.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply