cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New bidding system

So I saw this new ebay bidding system in the app and it is my first time to be super disappointed towards ebay as a user who's been using for nearly 8 years. I mean seriously ebay, have you forgot your gift cards? Was it so hard to add a ebay gift card option in the payment method for automatic payment after the bid ends? Also, if you setup the automatic payment right after the bid is end, what about for those who is bidding multiple items from a single seller and request combine shipping? Haven't you guys considered about that? C'mon you guys are the largest and oldest platform. Please return the bidding system as it was supposed to be!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

New bidding system

No one from ebay will see your post, this is a community forum made up of buyers and sellers like yourself.   The current requirements have been in place for a while now, and no one expects them to change anytime soon.  Ebay is as ebay does.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

New bidding system

Also, if you setup the automatic payment....

@gunda_6814   

Once eBay forces your BUYER ID to submit a payment prior to bidding or making an offer, your payment options are limited if you comply.  No more Apple Pay, Google Pay, gift cards, spendable funds, PayPal Pay in 4, or PayPal credit, etc..  You are also correct that each item will be paid with the full shipping price with no opportunity to combine.  

In order for that to happen, the seller must also retain the buyer preferences that eBay put on their account with a default set to YES.  The seller may remove these once they figure out that they discourage PAYING buyers as well.  Those sellers that don't want to encourage multiple sales to the same buyer think the blocks are just fine.  Buyers, however, have no choice other than refuse to continue once they get that screen that requires a payment method in order to proceed.  

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Buyer Payment Requirements

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they place a bid.

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer.

Click submit.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

New bidding system

You can ask a seller to opt out of the prepayment for auction option but they may not be willing to.  The option is in their Buyer Management preferences.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

New bidding system

Another member posted this information regarding Gift Cards for Auctions/Offer's, not sure if it works as I never purchase using either one, but you could try.

xaxa59_0-1702258407450.jpeg

I would try it but I am not prompted to enter any pre payment for bidding or offering yet.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 5
latest reply