cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice before sending a reply to a seller.

I purchased an item and paid with Pay Pal on 3-9-'18   eBay had a coupon that I was able to apply so I thought  " Great!"   Seller's shipping details said ship USPS.    No messages from seller until this afternoon (3-13-18)  stating that they "can't ship to Post Office Box".  I Live in a rural area and our mail box sits at the end of a long driveway out on the county road,  so we  have all mail sent to a Post Office Box  where we can pick it up when ever it arrives.  Stays safe from bad weather and possible "porch theft"  and sellers listing said Nothing about not shipping to Post Office Boxes.  

If seller cancels sale, will I get back the total money paid? From myself AND amount that coupon paid?  I know I can find another seller for this item but I can't re-use coupon.    It makes me angry when seller says they mail USPS but balks at sending to our PO Box.   I do have our street address listed on our PayPal account for shipping sent UPS or Fed Ex , but those shippers bring it to our door.  USPS does not do that.    Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need advice before sending a reply to a seller.

Dear seller,

Your listing stated shipping was via USPS which ships to all PO Boxes.  I'm unsure why you say you cannot ship that way.  Can you explain?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Yes if he didn't mention that in the shipping or description then get in contact with ebay and ebay will pay you back. Then eBay goes after him for the money 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

When the seller cancels, you do not need to contact eBay to get the money back. They will refund you as part of the cancellation process. The coupon however is non-refundable. You don’t get it back.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

You will only be refunded for the purchase price and not for the coupon. I can't understand why some sellers don't ship to P.O. boxes, they are very secure. Sometimes, you have to ask a seller before purchasing an item to be sure.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

If they ship Usps there is no reason not to ship to po boxes. They should have used the block. Personally if they have no good reason I would leave them a calmly worded negative.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@dontneedalottawrote:

stating that they "can't ship to Post Office Box".  I Live in a rural area and our mail box sits at the end of a long driveway out on the county road,  so we  have all mail sent to a Post Office Box  where we can pick it up when ever it arrives. 

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Can you use your regular road address for this order and have the PO simply hold the package rather than deliver it?  Mine will on request.  Or you might be able to request a hold using the USPS website.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@dontneedalotta

I would message them explaining how you get your mail. Some places do not have street delivery.

If you want the item, perhaps the seller has some other solution for delivery.

Is your Post Office small enough that you can notify them to hold an item/tag your PO box if the item is street addressed? Larger places may have a different Zip/multiple offices for the same city

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Dear seller,

Your listing stated shipping was via USPS which ships to all PO Boxes.  I'm unsure why you say you cannot ship that way.  Can you explain?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@lex-talonwrote:

You will only be refunded for the purchase price and not for the coupon. I can't understand why some sellers don't ship to P.O. boxes, they are very secure. Sometimes, you have to ask a seller before purchasing an item to be sure.

I wonder if there are still some old-timers who remember when Seller Protection did not cover PO boxes because they couldn't be "verified," or whatever. Back then, some people got it into their minds that scammers used PO boxes to get around seller protection, and maybe they never got the memo that that restriction got waived.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply