cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Assistance, UNREAL!

I purchased a pair of gloves from a United States seller whom offers returns. The gloves are too large so I filed a return. The return is requesting me to send it now to China and there is no address so I am unable to purchase a label.  I called customer service who gave me advice on try working things out with the seller and if I cant ask them to step in by Friday. Am I losing my mind or is this totally against policy? Never as an Ebay buyer and 100% top rated seller have I ever heard of this. I would like to hear appropriate advice. Thank you!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Need Assistance, UNREAL!

Ask eBay to step in and help for buyers | eBay

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for additional help if needed.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

qeqo_0
Thrill-Seeker

@chicboutique31 wrote:

I purchased a pair of gloves from a United States seller whom offers returns. The gloves are too large so I filed a return.

The return is requesting me to send it now to China and there is no address so I am unable to purchase a label. 

I called customer service who gave me advice on try working things out with the seller and if I cant ask them to step in by Friday. 

Regardless it's a buyer's remorse or a defective return request @chicboutique31 if the return location significantly differs from the listing location, the seller must pay for return shipping. 

But there will not appear an option to ask eBay to step in, and your return request will time out without a refund. 

qeqo_0_0-1690051933095.jpeg

Instead, leave a PRIVATE message here for eBay on Facebook (or open an account to delete later) to ask for a prepaid return label to China from the supposed United States seller.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

So I am confused...What is policy!?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Doesn't  fit is a remorse return where the buyer is responsible to pay return shipping costs.

To return the lightest weight item to China would cost a minimum of $60 because a tracked package to China costs that much.

Not worth it.  So not having their address doesn't  matter if you aren't  going to return it due to costing so much.

You would be better off reselling it locally where they could try  them on before buying. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

No, the seller does not pay for shipping with a remorse return. The buyer only has to return it to the location in the listing.  If it was a US location the seller needs to provide a US return address, but the buyer is still responsible for the shipping cost. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@chicboutique31 wrote:

I purchased a pair of gloves from a United States seller whom offers returns. The gloves are too large so I filed a return. 

The return is requesting me to send it now to China and there is no address so I am unable to purchase a label. 

So I am confused...What is policy!? 

When you @chicboutique31 would incur a "significant increase in cost" to remorse return the gloves to China, despite the item location is Unites States

sasa790592_0-1690166046297.jpeg

eBay requires the seller to pay for the China return shipping. However AFTER YOU CONTACT EBAY ON FACEBOOK since you will never see an option to ask eBay to step in, the seller can provide a US return address for you to buy a label for your remorse return, to get your refund.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

If the listing said the item was located in the US, that's where you ship it back to.

Those sellers from China are good at giving a China return address and once the buyer finds out how much it would cost to ship to China they decide not to return it and the seller doesn't have to refund.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

THIS is why you should ALWAYS check a seller's full feedback page - especially the top portion where it lists the country they're REALLY in.

Far too often foreign sellers will list the location of an item as being in the USA... which is usually a warehouse in someplace such as Chino California or Kentucky (to get around import duties), but when you need to return they demand you send it to them in CHINA - which causes most returners to give up.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Doesn't matter.

The buyer only has to return it to the location in the listing.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

And how are they supposed to do that when there is no US address, either in the listing or on the package?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply