cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Payment program -- your experiences

Curious about the new payment program -- I encountered it accidentally as a buyer once, and was a little put out that Paypal didn't work.  How does the general ebay user feel about it, both buyers and sellers, good, bad, medium rare?  A number of sellers seem to feel they were compelled to take it on for better or worse, and my experience as a buyer was that it was less convenient than Paypal.  Trying to decide it I should hold off on selling until Paypal becomes integrated into the new system, or if that's just lip service and ebay is phasing it out.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Managed Payment program -- your experiences

I opted into Managed Payments because I was offered a discount on FVF.  I did not know that Paypal was not included.

In December, I had 11 sales that used MP.  A couple of them were multiple sales, for 3 items and for 2 items.  I was advised that payment would be sent to my bank account in 2-3 days, and they were.

I have only lost one sale because the buyer stated she only pays with Paypal.  Not sure how many sales I would have had if the Paypal logo was still showing on my listings.  My sales have been in the dumps for several months, so I was happy to get what I got.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

i was told i could not use paypal only after my purchase. the seller's remedy is to offer to cancel the sale! my reply:

if you care about customer satisfaction you should add back paypal to your future listings. running into that payment section was so rude it was like being slapped in the face. if somehow the sale was canceled after my literately spending hours buying your item, it would be like slapping me all over again. perhaps you would rather i kept my opinion to myself, but i thought you should know. no way, no how is causing that feeling worth the few cents it saves sellers. please take that half hour you would have spent selling your item again and articulate in detail why you are doing this, and tell me why i should do it too? 

ebay is trying to block the above message to my seller and is threatening me  with these canned responses:

"To keep everyone safe on eBay, please don't send messages that include contact info. Repeated attempts could lead to an account suspension or other penalties. Learn more about our member-to-member contact policy."

"This seller accepts payments through eBay managed payments. You can securely pay for this item with a credit card, debit card, or Apple Pay. PayPal will be added as a payment option for this seller next year. Your payment details will never be shared with the seller. To see if your purchase is covered by our Money Back Guarantee, click here

{e56574-967433x}"

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

More and more sellers are opting into Managed Payments, so you need to look at the listing before making a purchase.

Sellers who opted into Managed Payments will display the following logos on their listing, so there should be no surprise when you go to pay the seller.

1-ebay-Managed Payments logos.PNG

Note there is =NO= Paypal logo.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I ran into it recently for the first time - only realized after winning the auction that Paypal was no longer accepted.  I prefer a choice of payment methods that includes Paypal; the online trend is to accept more, not fewer, payment methods. 

Narrowing the payment options is yet another instance of Ebay's greed impacting both sellers and buyers. 

Going forward, I'll be less likely to buy items that are sold under this new program.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I don't care one way or another.

I want fewer sign-ins, fewer accounts, fewer emails and fewer steps.

I want to get in, do my thing and go away.

Whatever method can assist with that is the one I'll use.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply