cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making offers

I made an offer on a speaker and now I want to buy full price instead if I buy it full price can the seller still accept my offer cause I don't want to pay double.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Making offers

If the seller only has one available you can safely overturn the best offer by buying at full price.

If the seller has more than one available you'd better wait for their response, or lack thereof, and then buy at full price, your offer will expire after 48 hours unless the seller reacts earlier by accepting, refusing, or making a counteroffer

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If the seller only has one available you can safely overturn the best offer by buying at full price.

If the seller has more than one available you'd better wait for their response, or lack thereof, and then buy at full price, your offer will expire after 48 hours unless the seller reacts earlier by accepting, refusing, or making a counteroffer

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I believe you can go back to your offer, via your summary page and select to BIN at the full price.

If they have more than one and you BIN elsewhere, from their listing, they can accept your offer and you would be on the hook for 2.

CHEERS

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Yes he can.  Provided, of course, that he has multiples of the same item.  You might try contacting the seller and ask him to decline your offer before hitting the buy button at full price.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

You can click retract your best offer, then go right back and buy it now at full price.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@tarpedge wrote:
You can click retract your best offer, then go right back and buy it now at full price.

That, in my opinion, is a good way to get yourself blocked.  If not from this particular transaction, but from any future ones.  Committing a policy violation by making an invalid retraction isn't a good thing to do.  I stand by my previous recommendation.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Your advocacy appears to be on loose ground:https://s18.postimg.org/njvkk6wxl/TGAEe_Lg.jpg

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@7606dennis,

I see nothing wrong with what tarpedge suggested, and I have been happy when an offer was retracted so the person who made the offer, could Buy It Now.  After all, the item is still available until until the seller accepts or declines an offer.  I would be more upset, if an offer was made, then retracted with no sale.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@hafoster wrote:

Your advocacy appears to be on loose ground:https://s18.postimg.org/njvkk6wxl/TGAEe_Lg.jpg

When making a Best Offer one is making an offer to buy at that price if accepted by the seller within the time limit (48 hours) allowed by eBay's Best Offer program.  While I have no problem with a buyer deciding to purchase the item at full price rather than negotiate a lower price, eBay has set restrictions on what excuse can be used as a valid reason to retract an offer.  By eBay's rules the making of a retraction outside of that set of restrictions is a policy violation.  I simply do not see where advising someone to commit a policy violation on these boards is appropriate.

Of course, eBay's displayed message is, as many of them are, somewhat confusing.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@7606dennis,

I see nothing wrong with what tarpedge suggested, and I have been happy when an offer was retracted so the person who made the offer, could Buy It Now.  After all, the item is still available until until the seller accepts or declines an offer.  I would be more upset, if an offer was made, then retracted with no sale.

I have no problem with a buyer changing their mind and deciding that they are willing to pay full price for something rather than waiting to see if the seller accepts their offer to buy it for less.  The issue I have is with the advising of a member to retract an offer without him or her having one of the three valid reasons to do so.  Since it is still classified as a policy violation to make an invalid bid retraction, I feel that advising someone to do so on these boards is inappropriate.  It is, in my opinion, far better to advise them to contact the seller and ask for them to decline the offer so that the buyer may then purchase at full price without running the risk of inadvertently making two purchases of the same item.

Frankly, I would consider a seller that didn't opt to let the buyer purchase at full price to be somewhat of a fool.  I see no reason for the buyer to have to technically commit a policy violation to purchase the seller's item at their full asking price.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@7606dennis,

I see nothing wrong with what tarpedge suggested, and I have been happy when an offer was retracted so the person who made the offer, could Buy It Now. ....

If there is only one item available, then there's no need for the buyer to retract their bid.   They just click on  Buy It Now, the item is Sold, the listing ends, their Offer expires.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@7606dennis,

I see nothing wrong with what tarpedge suggested, and I have been happy when an offer was retracted so the person who made the offer, could Buy It Now. ....

If there is only one item available, then there's no need for the buyer to retract their bid.   They just click on  Buy It Now, the item is Sold, the listing ends, their Offer expires.

That is, of course, true if the seller only has one of the item listed.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply