cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost a bid

I lost a bid I was winning and had been winning because for no reason with less than a minute left I was blocked and I am not the only person this has happened too with this seller. 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Lost a bid

@lacemaker3 wrote: ... When a seller cancels a bid, I believe they are given the option to cancel all of the bidder's bids at one time.

That is probably what happened here, and would explain why only the last bid appears, even though there were others....

It happens automatically; it's not an option for the seller. If a member has placed several bids, all the bids are canceled and only the highest one is shown in the cancellation history. If they bid again, and the seller cancels again, then both cancellations would show up separately in the cancelation history.

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Re: Lost a bid

@saabs8805,

In looking at the bid history I can now see the Cancellation, and maybe it was the seller who cancelled your bid item # 39533640778.  However, that seller has listed several packs like that one over the past few months, and has not cancelled any bids on the other auctions, including another auction for the same item that ended about 30 minutes later on the 20th. 

In looking at the seller's feedback, it seems they do cancel Transactions after people have paid, and apparently blocked one other bidder from bidding on more items after they won one.

In looking at their other auctions, it appears you were the only (1) feedback bidder who bid on those auctions, and that was probably the reason why they cancelled your bids.  Sellers tend to be leery of very low feedback bidders, especially those who nibble bid, and may cancel their bids.  Sellers have the right to do that, and other than not bidding on their items again, there is nothing you can do about it.   Had you waited and only bid once on the auction with a minute or less left, they probably would not have had the time to cancel your bids.  

FYI,  I did an advanced search for those listings, and found several sold for much less money. So apparently yours and other nibble bidders are what drove up the price of that auction.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 32 of 32
latest reply