cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting feedback by users.

chamirand2
Adventurer

Ebay limits feedback by users that get "too much" positive OR negative feedback. if its too positive they only allow positive feedback and if its too negative they only allow negative feedback. WHICH MEANS the actual buyer will never recieve any realistic feedback to by any seller. If you buy from a seller with 100% positive or negative feedback it could possibly be decided to be that way by ebay and theres nothing any specific buyer can do about it to report to fellow buyers. THIS WEBSITE CONDONES SCAMMERS, DO NOT USE IT!!!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Limiting feedback by users.

chamirand2
Adventurer

I've used this website from this account alone since 2017 and all together since 2004 and it's specifically designed to protect the SELLER, and if you've been scammed you have to jump through hoops to prove they are in the wrong and not you. dealing with fraudulent tracking numbers, to skewed feedback that only decide is shown to you. All they want is to do protect money that is spent. and the buyers are left with their fingers crossed that they get what they are hoping for.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

chamirand2
Adventurer

I've used this website from this account alone since 2017 and all together since 2004 and it's specifically designed to protect the SELLER, and if you've been scammed you have to jump through hoops to prove they are in the wrong and not you. dealing with fraudulent tracking numbers, to skewed feedback that only decide is shown to you. All they want is to do protect money that is spent. and the buyers are left with their fingers crossed that they get what they are hoping for.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@chamirand2,

Actually buyers can only receive positive feedback with positive comments.  Sellers on the other hand can receive any type of feedback a buyer gives whether honest or not, as long as the comment doesn't violate ebay's rules about feedback.  The only time a seller can leave a non-positive comment is in a follow up to feedback they have received.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@chamirand2 wrote:

I've used this website from this account alone since 2017 and all together since 2004 and it's specifically designed to protect the SELLER.

That's hilarious.

You seem really bitter because you couldn't figure out how to get a refund. We could have told you exactly what to do.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Where do you get your ideas? Why would eBay do what you describe.

Since buyers cannot be given negative FB, yes, it is possible that no buyer ever receives realistic FB.

And it's interesting that you marked your own post as the solution to your problem.

BTW, eBay offers much better protection to the buyer than the seller.

The majority of hoop jumping here is done by the seller.  

If a buyer does not get what he ordered, he has the MBG for protection.

If a buyer claims the item is NAD,  the seller is REQUIRED TO REFUND. 

I could go on and on, but I have a feeling you're not really interested in an explanation. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Actually, sellers have been limited to leaving positive feedback for buyers since 2008.  Since feedback is voluntary, many sellers have simply chosen not to leave any at all.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Your comments make make no sense at all to either a buyer or seller.  What are you trying to say?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

"WHICH MEANS the actual buyer will never recieve any realistic feedback to by any seller."

@chamirand2 

My reciprocative feedback for buyers is realistic: "Love the buyer who wants it, pays fast and leaves feedback! A+"

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Still want to know why and how eBay would limit feedback by users who get too much positive feedback or too positive feedback.  That makes no sense. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

You said it yourself, it's too much. Too much feedback is too much. So less is better in this case.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

No, I did not say it myself.  I was asking the original poster how or why eBay could/would limit anyone who got "too much POSITIVE feedback".  And when is less positive feedback better?  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@zoda99 wrote:

You said it yourself, it's too much. Too much feedback is too much. So less is better in this case.

What’s “too much”? “Too much is too much”? LOL.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply