cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items no longer available through the Global Shipping Programme??

Hi all,

Long time member here (20+ years) but first time posting in the community so here goes!

I regularly buy items from abroad for my two hobbies - Classic American car parts and CB radio equipment. Bought many items over the years using the GSP with no issues, loved using it. However, within the last two months, a lot of items I have in my watch list or found through browsing no longer have the shipping option to the UK?? When I've asked the seller about it they reply that they have the GSP setting enabled on their listings, and have not made any changes or revision to their listings. 

Before, the item in my watch list had the shipping to UK and VAT costs clearly displayed, now it says will not ship to UK. The seller denies making any changes and has even sent me screenshots of his listing with GSP enabled. It is not just my account, I have viewed these items with other accounts belonging to friends and family, still no UK shipping.

This has happened to well over 50% of the items I'm interested and has prevented me from buying items which were widely available before...

Anyone have any ideas please?? Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

GSP is no longer; it is now EIS (Ebay International Shipping) and 2 issues.

Used Auto Parts cannot be listed/sold through the EIS system to anywhere (many parts)

UK is blocked by EIS because of licensing issues required. 

So, you will have to ask a seller to figure out the cost and add it doing the Forms etc. themselves and shipping it themselves. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

GSP is no longer; it is now EIS (Ebay International Shipping) and 2 issues.

Used Auto Parts cannot be listed/sold through the EIS system to anywhere (many parts)

UK is blocked by EIS because of licensing issues required. 

So, you will have to ask a seller to figure out the cost and add it doing the Forms etc. themselves and shipping it themselves. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for the quick reply 🙂 I have heard about the EIS and this would explain everything. **bleep** shame though, as (understandably) most sellers won't want the extra hassle of form filling, etc, so it's going to make things a lot harder in the future 😞

Just in case anyone from ebay reads this, please have a rethink and enable shipping to the UK!!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply