cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item was not what was stated in title

I purchased a warm cold water bidet from the seller.

At least that was what the seller posted it would be.

When the item arived I installed it, but could not fugure out how to make it switch from cold water to warm water, so I contracted the seller for the  instructions on how to make the warm water function work.

They sent me the instruction for installing the bidet instead, so I explained again that the bidet was already I installed and explained again that there were no instructions on how to make the warm water function work.

She responded with a request that I wait while she contacts her supyler.

A few days later she responds by explaining that although it said in the title that its a warm water bidet, its actually just a cold water bidet.

She offered a refund of less than two dollars to compinsate for the confusion.

I'm dumbfounded as to what I'm suposed to respond to this.

Her false advertising of this item means I now have to throw this item out and go purchase the correct item if I accept her offer.

I obvously have not responded as of yet. 

Does anyone know if I have any recourse, other than accepting her offer? 

Or did I just get screwed with nothing I can do about it t all?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Item was not what was stated in title

Open a ebay request for item not as described to receive a prepaid return label, return the item and receive a refund of your payment.

Read ebay's money back guarantee.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

STACIA

Of course, ignore the Seller's indequate "offer."Smiley Surprised  Just do what  the other poster, ED, said to do.    You are entitled to a free label, paid for by the Seller.  Use  that label to  send this item back to the Seller.    Just make sure that Tracking is included---so  that you  have on-line proof of your returm.

Within a few dsays after   this item i returned--you will get a  full refund via Ebay.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@stacia,

By telling the seller you installed the bidet, you may not win a not as described dispute.  Hopefuly, you saved all of the packing material to ship it back in.  In the future read installation instructions all the way through before starting instalation.  If there was no hot water supply line hook up, and a second handle valve to blend the hot and cold water, that should have been an indicator that something was wrong. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I thought the same thing, mudshark, but, apparently, there are warm water bidets that are electric. They plug into a regular household receptacle and do not tap into a hot water line.

Who knew?
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I was as afraid something like that may be the case.

As i am not exactly an expert about plumbing I trusted that what i got was indeed what I ordered.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I would imagine you would win the item not as described claim.  Even if you opened and installed it, you bought it as a warm/cold and got cold.  

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply