cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item shows delivered but it was shipped to wrong address

I need help here. I bought an item last week and I decided to check to see when it was shipped and when I am expecting it to be delivered.

The bad news is it says it was delivered on Monday but it never came to my house, instead it is shipping it got delivered to a town called Columbus, MO. So I got scammed.

I am trying to contact the seller but it keeps taking me to the resolution page. I want to email them and tell them I never got the item. 

Also last time I opened a claim and said I never got my item, ebay closed my cases saying my items were delivered.

I tried to go on paypal to open a dispute to get my money back but it is saying to open a claim at ebay resultion center.

I might just do a charge back on my credit card saying I never got my item and I got scammed because they deliberately shipped it top the wrong address. 

And ebay once told me before this would be a one time thing they would refund me when I called them. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

If the tracking information showing the item was delivered does not match up with the zip code of the shipping address you provided at the time of payment, you can file the Item Not Received dispute in Ebay's Resolution Center.

https://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@league-girl,

"it never came to my house, instead it is shipping it got delivered to a town called Columbus, MO. So I got scammed...  last time I opened a claim and said I never got my item, ebay closed my cases saying my items were delivered."

When you file an item not received (INR) dispute for an item that has tracking showing delivery it is handled automatically by a computer that only checks for a delivery scan.  That system does not check anything else.

You can appeal that decision, but you need to do some leg work first.  Go to the P.O.  You will need a print out or the purchase on your phone/tablet showing you were supposed to be the receiver of the item. Have the counter person run the info on the tracking number, for delivery address and package type.  Ask the counter person to write down that info on USPS stationary.  With that you have what you need to file an appeal, proof of delivery to the wrong address. 

When you file the appeal there is an option to add a photo or scan of the letter from the P.O. which proves your case, and with that a real person will decide the outcome and set the refund in motion.

The info on where to file the appeal is in the link below and there is a button in it that says what you need to do an appeal.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/appeal-ebays-decision-return-missing-item...

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I have done a screen shot of my Paypal transaction that has the USPS tracking number and I took a screen shot of the tracking number on my ebay showing it was delivered but it shows the wrong location saying it was dropped in some parcel mailbox. This should be good enough proof when I do an appeal when the computer closes it. 

I am waiting for seller to respond and if they don't respond by the end of the day, I will open a claim. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Are you sure your address is correct on eBay???

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@league-girl wrote:

The bad news is it says it was delivered on Monday but it never came to my house, instead it is shipping it got delivered to a town called Columbus, MO.

I took a screen shot of the tracking number on my ebay showing it was delivered but it shows the wrong location saying it was dropped in some parcel mailbox. This should be good enough proof when I do an appeal when the computer closes it. 

I am waiting for seller to respond and if they don't respond by the end of the day, I will open a claim. 

1. When tracking shows delivered but to a wrong zip/city,

2. and you ask eBay to step in later today, you won't get a refund

3. because eBay always verifies the zip/city as explained here and here.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

i am dealing with similar scammer right now.  fake seller will send a small mail envelope to a different address to get a “delivered” on tracking so ebay closed case in their favor. even if you show the tracking is somewhere, even the tracking shows is difference dimension or weight.  a five year old can put two to two together, seller sent a fake package to fake location. yet ebay customer rep can’t, and won’t.

my seller didn’t even response to my inr claim, and have multiple new negative feedback about being scammed from other buyers. yet ebay still want to wait, postponing refund until you give up. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

My address is correct on all websites. This is the second time this has happened to me on ebay where a seller sends my orders to the wrong address. This has never been a problem with other sellers before. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

This seller even has 100% feedback and the item location is from Phoenix and they sent it to Missouri instead of to Oregon. I am going to call USPS tomorrow to report missing package and give them my tracking information since I am in quarantine. 

Worst case scenario is waiting till next week to go to the post office myself and file a missing package claim if I can't do it over the phone. I tried email but no luck and tried online but couldn't get past the form. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

my item was sent to the wrong address my zipcode is 14612 they sent it to 14606

the only thing I WILL SAY IT A BUNCH OF SORRY ASS LOWLIFE CROOK THAT WORK AT EBAY

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

You can't email because ebay does not reveal email addresses. Contact seller through ebay messages. Report item not received with ebay.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@dalo8557 

Check your order details to make sure the correct address appears there. That is the address the seller is required to ship to.

Contact the shipping service to determine if the tracking number you received was for a package that was addressed to you.

Good advice for dealing with false tracking:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/I-tried-contacting-seller-i-tried-contacting-fedex-i-tried/m-p/...

What kind of feedback does your seller have?

You can avoid many fake tracking issues by choosing to only do business with experienced sellers that have a proven track record of delivering similar items as seen by examining the seller's feedback page, and by avoiding inexperienced sellers, sellers with patterns of negative feedback indicating serious problems, or sellers with large gaps in the selling history or recent drastic changes of seller behavior.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply