cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item shows delivered but I never received the item.

Alright so I purchased this tablet from this seller for a bit over $100 and the seller didn't ship the item out till the expected delivery date. At this point I'm a bit suspicious I opened a did not receive item case on the same day he provided the tracking number.  On the delivery day the item never arrived at my building but shows its been delivered. So now i'm concerned the seller is trying to scam me. The next day I went to my building management to check the surveillance footage at the time the package was suppose to arrive, no packages were ever delivered to my building. Today I went to the post office to get more information, I will be contacted by a representative soon.

What else I should/could do? At this point the item showed delivered in the same zipcode as mine. By the way I made sure that the item wasn't at the post office and no package the next day either. I just don't want to lose my money anyone else been in the same situation?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Item shows delivered but I never received the item.

@ace.diesel

With the tracking number, USPS should be able to tell you where the package was delivered.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Will they be able to provide me proof stating that the package was delivered to another address?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@ace.diesel wrote:

Will they be able to provide me proof stating that the package was delivered to another address?

They can. But the question is, will they? All you need is written proof from the carrier that it was shipped to another address. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Even better if they have a GPS location where it was delivered or a snapshot of the package on route that might have "captured' the address on the package - to A) see if it was addressed to YOU and B) if the address was YOUR address.  I would ask - the post master can only state no.  But then Postal Fraud requires an investigation!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yup, me too but a more serous one than yours. I'm still fighting for my item or refund. Auctioned and won this "Autel MaxiFlash Elite Smart Diagnostics" at $1641.02 included shipping for haft the price that it sells. UPS tracking number shows delivered on the 3rd at front of my door (Unlikely, the UPS driver knows me very well and knows where to put my packages if I'm not home). I was home all day on the 3rd expected the delivery, in and out my garage countless time to look for the UPS truck, no door knocks or no note on the door, no large packages. Found out 2 hours later and messaged the seller, no responses and case was opened and escalated, CS put my case on hold for 3 days till the 14th for the seller to provide additional information. Now the 15th, no refund and nothing, so I called to find out CS said the case is pending, the seller didn't ship with "signature confirmation for item above $750" (I felt great for a moment) and told me that they needed addition 48-72 hours for high value internal department to review. I was disgusted that transaction screwed my Christmas and New Year. A a gift to myself which failed. I made a big mistake not linking my card to PayPal to pay but immediately just paid as credit card. Was feeling at dirt cheap price, must pay fast before the seller cancel my order. Now, I don't have PayPal's backup. I hope all go well for me, item or refund. The seller is kind of ignoring my messages and not answering questions and UPS won't talk to me because I didn't pay for the shipping nor the sender. I believe I'm safe because the seller failed to provide any documents requested by CS and did not ship within eBay policy. The CS did mention "they want to give refund to me but because it's a large amount, the high value department needs to approve it" Wish my front door camera worked, so no need to tress or in great pain. I'm shopping for a new set of ip cameras now (almost got scammed again by a 0 fb seller sold 4 1080P ip cameras for $39.99 NEW but it now with free shipping) . God luck with your case and just tell the truth and be patient. If all failed and if you paid with credit card, call your bank and also you have PayPal to file after.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Last month I was expecting a package being delivered by UPS. I was home all day and the driver never came so  I phoned UPS shortly before 8 PM and was told he had until 8 PM and it would be delivered soon. Still, no package came. BUT around 9:20 PM I received notification from UPS that the package was delivered to my residence at 2:00 PM. This was strange because I typically receive notifications when a package is delivered or shortly after.

Shortly after 3:00 AM I received a notification that the package was on the truck for delivery later in the day, and it was delivered that day (a day later than originally scheduled) and, of course, after already being scanned as delivered the previous day.

My belief is that the driver didn't deliver the package on the scheduled day so when he got back to UPS headquarters he (or she) found it on the truck and scanned it as delivered to cover his error. It was left it on the truck and scanned again as a package being processed for delivery.

As a result of this, I don't trust scans any more as obviously a driver is able to mark a package delivered when in fact it wasn't. Luckily I received the package (it was only a set of curtains). But what if it was a computer or camera or other high-priced item and the UPS driver was dishonest and scanned it as delivered but kept the package? There was a UPS driver and his porch-pirate accomplice busted last month here in Florida for stealing packages so it's not a far-fetched concept.

USPS has done something similar in the past as well. As long as scans can be manipulated by the drivers, there is a potential for fraud and scans may not tell the whole story.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

“ i made a big mistake not linking my card to PayPal to pay but immediately just paid as credit card. Was feeling at dirt cheap price, must pay fast before the seller cancel my order.”

thats a terrible reason. One of the worst I ever heard or read, about anything, anywhere! 

the seller can cancel whether you rush to pay or not lol.  If someone doesn’t want to ship to you or complete the sale they won’t, and there’s nothing you can do to stop it.

Whether its right or wrong isnt the point.

Point is, you did absolutely nothing to change the outcomes, except potentially having to wait for a refund on a fairly large sun of money

If anything, Rushing to pay is prob WORSE when a cancel is possible/probable - because then if seller does cancel, or worse takes his sweet time cancelling, your money is in limbo instead of in your wallet or in your available credit line.

Opening urself up to more possible problems and inconveniences. Better to wait at least a couple hours to see if . At least long enough to use paypal lol. What would that have taken, 5-15 minutes? Prob took longer to enter in CC info than to login or paypal or link a card...

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply