cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item misdelivered???

I ordered a Wiking Mercedes 250T on eBay. The package arrived at the post office on 2/18 and because of the snow the mail was delayed. However I saw the mailman stop on my street, deliver mail to people across from me then drive away without delivering my mail.

I check the tracking later in the day and it says the package was delivered at 4:51 pm. This is ironic as I did not receive it. I initially had thought the mailman dropped it back off at the post office and was going to just deliver it the next day But to my horror the mailman showed up this morning and Didn’t have it, and told me a substitute driver was doing the route yesterday.

I emailed the seller and he said to be more patient and maybe check with neighbors (it was delivered to a place with small mailboxes where 4 other tenants live) and none of them had it as the mail hadn’t even been delivered that day.

The post office said they did not have it in their office when I called them and that the postmaster would page the driver that had the package and get back to me. I never heard from them.

For reference here is the tracking number

I likely can’t get my money back from the seller as eBay will side with the seller knowing the tracking says delivered so I may be screwed, and I wouldn’t dare leave a negative for the seller as it wasn’t his fault.

Can anyone hypothesize what may have happened to it?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Item misdelivered???

Is your picture a Blue Olds 442?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Ask USPS for the GPS delivery location

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@theantiquetoymuseumandstore,

The carrier you saw on the 18th was likely delivering a Priority 2 day, or an overnight package, that's why there was no other deliveries that day. However, it is possible your package was delivered to the across the street address. Have you gone over there to ask? 

You should go to your P.O. with your tracking information, and your order details. Ask the counter person if the address on the shipping label matches your address  If it does, then ask them to get the GPS location of the delivery which is usually accurate within a few yards, and for them to open a missing package search (Not a Service Request) . Also ask what kind of package was sent (envelope or box) if this was a scam, it is possible a 1st class envelope was sent, instead of a box.

If the tracking shows a different address, or the wrong type of package was shiipped, you will need to get a signed note from the counter person on USPS stationary saying that the delivery address or package type, doesn't match. 

If the label address and/or package doesn't match yours. After you have your information in writing file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute through ebay.  You are right ebay's automated system will see the delivery scan and close it in the seller's favor.  However, you can appeal the dispute (link below) When you file the appeal, you can add a clear photo or scan of the note to it.  A real person will check the information and you should get a refund within a few days.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/appeal-ebays-decision-return-missing-item-buyers?id...

If you find that the address/package was not right, after the appeal has been completed, wait a few days for that info to be in the system,  then leave appropriate feedback.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The seller is very reputable and is top rated so I highly doubt he’s a scammer

No one within a mile radius in this area has it. The postwoman had stopped and delivered the mail across the street on that day so she was the regular driver for the day (when the original driver came back the next day, he told me that) 

the guy at the counter when I called the post office this morning told me the GPS data is erased a few hours after the package is scanned delivered. I would not have been able to find out that info Thursday because the delivered scan occurred after the post office had closed for the day. I’m planning on speaking to the postmaster on Monday. 

I filed a claim so we will see what happens. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

That's a crock of bull, gps information is available for like 3 months

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

Ask USPS for the GPS delivery location

@theantiquetoymuseumandstore Agreed with @ed8108 , the GPS is your best option here. You seem like a very kind person, kudos to you, but sometimes we all need to take a stand for ourselves. Call your postmaster again and start over. They do have GPS and can track where it was delivered. I've been successful with that and many others have on this board. The PO is overwhelmed right now so they will push back. It's up to you to push harder, while continuing to be kind. Get them to tell you where they delivered it to, it's your only option. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I’ll try to see if they can pull up that info when I call monday. My gut is it’s somewhere on the other side of town. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@theantiquetoymuseumandstore'

"The seller is very reputable and is top rated so I highly doubt he’s a scammer".

Unfortunately,  Top Rated: One of eBay's most reputable sellers....  Does not mean what it once did. The Top Rated Seller (TRS) badge is based more on sales volume than actual reputation.  I've seen feedback profiles of top rated sellers who have 98.1% feedback who have over a thousand negative and neutral feedback.  You have to check the actual feedback profile page of sellers these days.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 9
latest reply