cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item marked delivered when still in transit, and tracking all of the place

I'm extremely unhappy with ebay. They sent my package with the new International shipping program, and the tracking has not been accurate a single time during the now 22 days its been in transit. First they removed some of the tracking stages that had been uploaded, then suddenly a lot of status messages appeared where it had been "inspected" for 10 days without me even knowing about it, and now it is marked delivered, and if I try to contact ebay about my missing order, it says it's still in transit. This is so messy, inaccurate and straight up embarrassing. Under you will see the photo of the order, and the tracking status.

oskalarse0_1-1692446231463.png

oskalarse0_2-1692446278216.png

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@oskalarse0,

The tracking information is correct. The new international shipping hub in the U.S. is located in Elk Grove, Illinois, and the package was delivered there.   Apparently, there have been some delays at the shipping hub according to the info you posted. However, it seems to now have been sent to the Customs depot where it will be processed.  Once that happens your package will be held until enough packages destined for Norway to fill an airline shipping container has been met, so that the international shipping cost will be for bulk shipping rates, then it will be sent to your country.

Your attempt to cancel the transaction may have held up the process. You cannot request cancelling a sale if an item has been shipped with tracking.  Cancellations even within an hour of buying, winning an auction, or having an offer accepted are not automatic.  When you commit to buy you enter into a contract with the seller. At that point it takes both people to agree to a cancellation of the contract. One person alone cannot cancel it.

You may be upset at the delay but it is not the seller's fault.  You will have to wait now until the last estimated delivery date that shows in your Order Details page has passed before you can take any actions.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@oskalarse0,

I should have made it clearer in my first reply, that there would be 2 delivered scans. The first is for the domestic shipment from the seller to the international hub. The second one will be when a new tracking number has been issued for the international shipment, and  it has been delivered to you, or to your post office, if it has to be picked up there.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply