cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item didn't receive

Last September 8, 2017, I purchased an item and immediately settled the payment through Paypal.
Estimated delivery was between September 25 to October 18, 2017.
After October, I frequently messaged the seller regarding the status of my purchase.
They said that the delivery might take some time due to the Holiday Season.
As of this posting, I still didn't receive my item.
I messaged the seller asking for a refund since I already lost much time on this (this Monday, January 29, 2018) unfortunately they are still not responding on my messages since the day I requested a refund.
Is there anything else I can do?
I tried openning a request on ebay customer help & support center but when trying to search for the item (using Item Number or Item Name) ebay cannot display/find it so I cannot proceed placing a request.
Attached is the information of my purchase that was emailed to me when the payment was settled.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Item didn't receive

You waited way too long to open a dispute through eBay.

If you paid by PayPal, you can file an Item Not Received dispute through them up to 180 days from date purchase. Sounds like you should do that right away.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It's my first time purchasing on ebay so I am not very much familiar with such terms, and also I trusted the seller's word everytime I ask about the status asking for me to wait for another week, another week, and another week. My problem is the seller no longer respond since I ask for a refund. Before, they used to reply the next day after I sent my inquiry.
Today, I am trying to file Item Not Recieved case but can't proceed since ebay can no longer display/find by means of Item ID or Item Name.
Another factor since ebay no longer have online chat support, I got a feeling I'm doomed.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@kikre.ph.6ovj20,,

"I trusted the seller's word everytime I ask about the status asking for me to wait for another week, another week, and another week. My problem is the seller no longer respond since I ask for a refund. Before, they used to reply the next day after I sent my inquiry".

It is too bad you were scammed on your first ebay purchase.  The seller was stalling you until eBay's Money Back Guarantee protections had passed.  When a seller doesn't take action aftter the first couple of messages, you should open disputes. 

"I am trying to file Item Not Recieved case but can't proceed since ebay can no longer display/find by means of Item ID or Item Name".

You can find your purchase in the purchase history, but it is too late for ebay to help you.  However, since you did pay with PayPal, you still have time to open an Item Not Received dispute through them, since they give you 180 days from the date of payment to file a dispute.  Log into your PayPal account and search for your transaction by date.  Once you see it click on it to see all of the details.  The seller's name and item number are there.  At the top of the page click on the Help button. On the page that opens in the How can we help box, type "I did not receive my item", then enter.  The first result will be "I didn't receive my item or it was different...".  open that link.

You will be asked to open a dispute through ebay, but you can no longer do that, but just above the topic answer you will see a Resolution Center button, click on that and then on the report a problem button. They may ask you to contact the seller, but you have done that already.  Report that you didn't receive your item, and shortly PayPal will refund you.  To find out how refunds are handled and where they will appear, after filing the dispute type Refunds into the topic box, to find out how and where you find your refund. 

"It's my first time purchasing on ebay so I am not very much familiar with such terms".

On almost every listing, just below the price you will see the colored ebay logo. To the right of that is written Money Back Guarantee|See detailsClick on the little button and read about the Guarantee, especially the time frames for opening disputes, then asking eBay to step in.

Because of your location, you will probably buy from Chinese sellers often.  Unfortunately, they are some of ebay's worst sellers. They are well known for using stalling tactics, or trying to deceive people, especially new members with promises they will not keep. One may even tell you that, you have to close a dispute in order to be refunded.  Never do that. Once you open a dispute, all messages should be sent through the resolution center. There is a button for that at the bottom of most ebay pages. Any message you receive from a seller, sent through eBay messages will likely be an attempt to get you to wait until it is too late (what your seller did).  If a seller asks you to close the dispute, go to e Resolution Center and ask eBay to step in.  Do not accept "we will resend your item" as a solution.  It will not happen. When you have an issue with a chinese seller always ask for a refund.

In the future you have to check each seller's feedback profile before buying from them. You do that by clicking on the number of feedback they have in (parenthesis) next to their name. On the page that opens you can click on the number of negative feeback they have received to read only those comments. 

Do not go by a sellers feedback percentage.  The one you bought from has a 99.1% rating. That may seem like a very good percentage of positive feedback, but by eBay standards, they are below average.  A really good high volume ebay seller will have a rating of 99.6% or higher. Those with below 99% should be avoided. 

"Another factor since ebay no longer have online chat support, I got a feeling I'm doomed".

Actually no you are not doomed. If you do an online search for eBay's customer service phone number by country you will find the call center is located in your Country.  To make things easier for yourself, you should shop using ebay.ph (philippines) your user name you used on eBay.com will work for you to log in.  At the bottom of most pages is a Help and Contact button. If you use that while logged on to ebay.ph, you should be able to get the local phone number from there.  Do not bother trying to contact them now. use the PayPal info above to get a refund. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply