cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It will not let me purchase anything

It will not let me purchase anything on ebay. I get the same error message every time I've tried different browsers. I've tried the app, i've tried the mobile site, i've tried a desktop site. I've tried. using different payment methods. I've tried purchasing different items at different price points. I've tried by now. I've tried different sellers. Nothing. is working. I'm new to the site. I just. created my account. a couple days ago but I'm not getting any email that's saying I have any restrictions or what I need to do to alleviate those like it says you will If your account's restricted..  The error message I'm getting is: 

Alert

To help protect your eBay account, we sometimes limit the amount of items that can be bid on or purchased by a single account. However, you may be able to increase the limit on your account by verifying some information about yourself.

Everything is verified. All of my contact information is correct. All of my payment information is correct. There's nothing else I can verify. and everything shows that it's verified and accepted. If anybody has any insight, please, help.!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Just like sellers have selling limits, buyers have buying  limits. Buying limits and restrictions 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@leigco51,

All new buyers have a limit placed on how much they can spend and/or how many items they can purchase at one time. Sometimes depending on the amount you have spent on one day, you can buy other items 24 hours later.   The limits stay in place until you prove to be a paying buyer. The link below explains some of that.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/buying-limits-restrictions/buying-limits-restrictions?id=4012

What is not explained in the link above is the open transaction limit.  Open transaction on ebay are:

Items you have committed to buy, but have yet to pay for.

Offers you make that have yet to be accepted, declined, or time out after 48 hours.

Any bid you place on one or more auctions. All bids remain "open" until an auction ends, even if you are outbid, because another bidder could retract their bid, or a seller could cancel another person's bid, leaving you the winner.

There is a rolling number of 4or5 open transactions (OTs)  you can have at any one time. As you pay for each item(s) you committed to buy,  an accepted offer, a won auction, or a lost one,  you get the number 1 more open transaction(s) back to use.

Example:   If you place 3 bids on or more auctions, that is 3 OTs, you have used. If you win and pay, or do not win, you get 3 OT's back to use again. It can take a few hours for them to be recorded.

To better understand how ebay auctions work open the link below. First read about Automatic bidding. Then definitely open the Tips for winning auctions link. Below that article is another link Bid sniping.

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/bidding/bidding?id=4003

If you have any questions after reading the info come back to these boards and ask them. If you do not see your current post Title on the first two pages, you can start another discussion. You can also look in the upper right corner of a community page where you will see your avatar circle (ebay's default one currently) Click on it, select My Profile from the drop down. that will open your community profile and down a little way you will see Posts  Replies.  Posts are topics you wrote. Replies are what you write in response to other members or topics.  You can click on the titles to be taken straight to them.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

And my limit is 0?? It won’t let me buy ANYTHING. Doesn’t matter if it’s $5 or $50. I’ve tried all different price points just to see if that was the issue all got the same error. And I’m doing buy now not bidding. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Dear i can understand you. i think you have tried many time for bids that's why you facing this issue please try to order without any bid or contact with customer sport it will help you eBay have good services as a customer sport or contact with me i will guide proper as humanity 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply