cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivered-to-Seller scam?

I'm still in the middle of this but my issue seems similar to this post from 2019.

1. Seller sends [UPS] parcel to themselves. 

2. Tracking shows "Delivered"

3. Seller contacts buyer to ask "resend or refund?" offering to message new tracking number next day. Buyer, still wanting the item, opts to resend.

4. In this interim, if the buyer does not report the issue, payment may begin processing.

In my instance I attempted to initiate a request to ensure payment was halted. Directions read "If you haven't received your item by [current date]...  ...choose I didn't receive it.", but the system would not allow me to choose this for another day after the stated/current date. 

As soon as possible I registered an "I didn't receive it" request repeating the seller's message. Having received no new tracking number I searched and found the post above. But now knowing that it is most likely a scam my request does not allow me to amend or add information to the report. As well, there is no option to report a suspected scam while its in play. For the moment my money is in limbo.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0