cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s been 3 days and seller hasn’t shipped

red_daredevil
Adventurer

The seller hounded me for payment less than 24 hours after I won the auction, sending 3 payment reminders in one day. I paid within 24 hours. Now three days have passed since I made payment and he is ignoring requests for the tracking information. He said he would send me the tracking after he got off work which was two days ago. I’m so ANGRY! This is why I hardly deal with eBay and buy from Amazon instead. What to do about this seller?? 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: It’s been 3 days and seller hasn’t shipped

All you can do is wait until the transaction is completely done, then leave appropriate feedback.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhrhggh!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@red_daredevil,

" I paid within 24 hours. Now three days have passed since I made payment and he is ignoring requests for the tracking information. He said he would send me the tracking after he got off work which was two days ago".

eBay does not require that sellers use tracking when shipping items. Most do for their own protection but it is not required.  Therefore the seller not uploading tracking info does not mean the item was not shipped.  Since they were going to take the item to the P.O. they may just have forgotten to add tracking, or maybe they misplaced the receipt.   You are covered by ebay's Money Back Guarantee, if the item is not received by the last estimated delivery date.  Since you also sell on ebay you should know what the policies are. 

"The seller hounded me for payment less than 24 hours after I won the auction, sending 3 payment reminders in one day".

That sounds like the actions of a new or inexperienced seller. Most experienced ones know they have to wait 48 hours before they can take any actions.  Did you check the seller's feedback profile to see if they are new, or have not sold in over a year?  If they are either of those things they may have run into PayPal' 21 day hold, and do not know how to deal with it.

There is no reason to be angry, if the seller doesn't ship you're protected. If they do ship you get your item.  Besides, according to your profile you've done every thing this seller has done so far.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@red_daredevil wrote:

The seller hounded me for payment less than 24 hours after I won the auction, sending 3 payment reminders in one day. 

Were the emails from the seller, or were they from eBay? eBay's really good at hounding buyers to pay after an auction win.

I recently bid on two auctions from the same seller. The auctions ended a day apart, so I contacted the seller to ask if I could hold off paying for the first auction until the second one was over so I could take advantage of combined shipping. Of course, he agreed, but, in the meantime, I received at least two emails from eBay about paying for the first auction.

Just be aware that if the emails were from eBay, the seller had nothing to do with it. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

They were directly from the seller. He threatened to cancel if I didn’t pay ASAP.  What’s also upsetting is that he also said in those communications that he was ready to ship as soon as he received payment. That hasn’t happened. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

The seller's only requirement is to get the package to you before the end of the last estimated delivery date.  He does NOT have to provide you with tracking or proof that he has shipped.  You are obviously angry that he pressed you to pay, and now you want to punish him for it. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

It should be a requirement that sellers not be demanding jerks. Three emails in 24 hours is more than excessive.

The seller may be retaliating for not paying the instant the auction ended. So angry goes both ways.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

The seller's only requirement is to get the package to you before the end of the last estimated delivery date.  He does NOT have to provide you with tracking or proof that he has shipped.  You are obviously angry that he pressed you to pay, and now you want to punish him for it. 

I would think that if the seller is pressuring the buyer to pay ASAP, he should hold himself to the same standard by shipping as soon as payment is made.  It makes no sense to pressure the buyer to pay within 24 hours then take a week to ship Lol. That is ridiculous. Your remarks are just silly. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@red_daredevil wrote:

@myboardid wrote:

I would think that if the seller is pressuring the buyer to pay ASAP, he should hold himself to the same standard by shipping as soon as payment is made.  It makes no sense to pressure the buyer to pay within 24 hours then take a week to ship Lol. That is ridiculous. Your remarks are just silly. 

While it may not be the best customer service plan to hound a buyer for quick payment, there is no reason to believe that the seller would be inclined to hold himself to a requirement to ship exceptionally fast.  As stated, the seller isn't required to furnish tracking to the buyer and to get the item to the buyer earlier than the final day of the estimated delivery period.  So while this may sound ridiculous and silly to you, it apparently doesn't to eBay or the seller.

Personally, the seller should probably use IPR if they are in such a hurry to receive payment, but that is merely my opinion.   

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

No seller, or buyer, has to hold himself to any standard whatsoever.  Selling is strictly a legal business deal, has nothing to do with personalities.  Here we have an obnoxious seller with some kind of financial issue so he wants the money and a buyer who is vindictive over the seller's rude behavior.  No shining lights on either side. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

could be a seller who does not have the item in stock and need your money to go buy it.

or he is a dropshipper and has not heard from his vendor ?

what is the item,what else is he selling and what is his feedbac like?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

No seller, or buyer, has to hold himself to any standard whatsoever.  Selling is strictly a legal business deal, has nothing to do with personalities.  Here we have an obnoxious seller with some kind of financial issue so he wants the money and a buyer who is vindictive over the seller's rude behavior.  No shining lights on either side. 

I don't see how that's vindictive at all.  The seller sent 3 messages in one day demanding payment by threatening to cancel the sale, saying he is ready to ship.  So when the buyer makes the payment as demanded, the seller has his/her money now and is taking their own sweet time to ship.  This is all on the seller.

I'd be angry as well.  

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

It should be a requirement that sellers not be demanding jerks. Three emails in 24 hours is more than excessive.

The seller may be retaliating for not paying the instant the auction ended. So angry goes both ways.

wow you should see it from the other side. you should try out selling and see whos more demanding and how many people wait days after they buy to actually pay or how many actually don't pay at all

Message 14 of 14
latest reply