cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it common for people to mark an item as shipped , but never actually

**bleep** the item to keep buyers from canceling the order?

I ordered an Office 2019 from a user on ebay. I checked his feedback before purchasing the item. 

I bought it on April 2nd, he stated it was shipped on the third producing a tracking number. According, to this tracking number the item has not been dropped off yet and that was seven days ago. 

Since then 3 Negative Feedback has hit this user for selling fraudulent copies of Office 2019. I tried to get the buyer to cancel, he said no that it has been shipped. It hasn't, the only thing he did was print a label and get a tracking number. Now he refuses to talk.

I have learned that ebays new payment system allows them to take money directly into persons checking account. Seems to be this is just breeding potential fraud. I'm assuming, I'm screwed here. If I get something it will probably be a copy with a mass distributed Key. No way to get my money back cause he already has it in his checking account.

What can I do? Seems like the only thing to do is forget about the $130 and move on..

Thanks, Ebay!

Hail to the Scammers!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Is it common for people to mark an item as shipped , but never actually

One day past the Estimated Delivery Date on the order, you can open an Item Not Received claim. You'll be made whole.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

As said above one day past the shown delivery date, file a not received. With eBays system, as soon as the label is made thru eBay it is marked as shipped. That is why you need, as you have, to check the progress of the item.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Have you never read the eBay MGB (money back guarantee)? It’s on every eBay page. EBay is famous for protecting buyers from unscrupulous sellers. I suggest you read it ASAP.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It's extremely difficult for a seller to screw  a buyer on ebay, you are protected in so many ways.

1st) If you have not received your item after the latest estimate ship date, you can file item not received. Since he won't be able to prove delivery you'll be refunded automatically.

2nd) If you do receive something other than what you paid for, you can open an "item not as described case". The seller has only two choices: accept the return and then refund you or let you keep the item and refund you. If he does not make the choice within a few days (I believe ebay gives a seller 3-4 days), then ebay will step in and force the refund to you. The seller will also receive a 'defect' and after a few more of those he'll be history.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

It's extremely difficult for a seller to screw  a buyer on ebay, you are protected in so many ways. 

Yes, eBay protects their buyers, which is a good thing. But wouldn't it be nice if a person could just purchase something from a seller, pay for it in full, and have it sent to them in a timely manner?  

Without the fuss, hassle, or headache of trying to figure out where the heck the item they paid for is, why it's marked "shipped" but hasn't been put in the actual postal system yet, whether they'll ever actually receive it, or what they have to do next in order to get the money that they already spent back again. 

This seems to be an ongoing problem on eBay. Why is that? 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Well I definitely feel like I'm being scammed.  It's the day I can file something.

IMG_6961.jpeg

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

So just file your claim. You won't be scammed if the seller doesn't have proof of delivery. Here's a link to eBay's buyer protection  policy, which they call the "Money Back Guarantee":

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply