cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a return warranted in this case?

I purchased a skincare product from an international seller a few weeks ago, and when it arrived it came with a sticker "seal" that appeared to have been peeled off and restuck - there was adhesive residue in the shape of the seal an inch from the actual seal. 

I've never tried this product before and didn't expect it to smell great based on the ingredients, but my jar also appears to have a sort of fermented smell. I honestly can't tell if the product is supposed to be like this (can't discern this from online reviews either) or if the product has gone off. 

Should I start a return or am I overreacting? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Inquiry should best be made of the manufacturer, distributor, seller.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I wouldn't use it. You shouldn't take chances with your skin. And if it was listed new in box that's INAD. Contact the seller and if you haven't heard within a couple of days, file a claim.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I wouldn't use it.

I'd contact the seller and let them have a chance to correct it for you, assuming you still want to try the product.

If you not longer trust the seller, I'd open an Item not as Described return.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@uzumakey wrote:

I purchased a skincare product from an international seller a few weeks ago, and when it arrived it came with a sticker "seal" that appeared to have been peeled off and restuck - there was adhesive residue in the shape of the seal an inch from the actual seal. 

I've never tried this product before and didn't expect it to smell great based on the ingredients, but my jar also appears to have a sort of fermented smell. I honestly can't tell if the product is supposed to be like this (can't discern this from online reviews either) or if the product has gone off. 

Should I start a return or am I overreacting? 

Let me get this right...

You want to return an item you didn't research...because maybe someone moved a sticker?

Is that the gist?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Sounds like the gist of it, is the sealed product has had the seal removed and replaced. Meaning the product may have been open, used or possibly tampered with.

If the jar appears to have a sort of fermented smell that the OP can't relate any research to, it's very possible that the opened seal has allowed in bacteria which can possibly cause skin irritation. When applying a new product to your skin it's always best to be safe and not sorry by using a product that has a broken seal. Op has no idea how many fingers may have tested the product prior to purchase.

Op should inform the seller the product seal has been tampered with and request a return or exchange. Product has a seal for a reason and if seal has been removed and replaced, it's no long a new item as described.

Any manufacture or dermatologist would recommend the same if asked this question.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply