cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructions to request a claim

Trying to open a claim against a seller for an item not received. Ebay instructions note - the item might still be on the way. If you haven't received your item by Feb 22, go to your Purchases and find the item. Then select More actions beside the item and choose I didn't receive it to open a request. I followed those instructions today February 23rd - 1 day after February 22nd and Ebay system won't allow me to open a claim. The same instructions appear after picking out the item from my purchase list. The claim process on Ebay is so confusing and complex - you spend hours trying to figure out how to open a claim. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@jsta3819 

TODAY is still Feb. 22 on Ebay.

Wait another day.

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If Feb 22 is the estimated delivery date, you cannot open a claim on the 22nd. eBay allows until the end of the day for the package to be delivered.

It's about 10:30pm right now, so you still have to wait a little while before you can open a claim on the 23rd @jsta3819 .

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@jsta3819,

In looking at the time stamps on your post and the replies, you may have to wait until it is after midnight in the Pacific time zone, where ebay's headquarters are located to open the dispute.

Another thing that may affect your being able to open an Item Not Received (INR) dispute might be tracking indicating your item has been received by a shipping service and is in route. If you are able to open a dispute today ebay may extend the time for you to be able to ask ebay to step in if the package is in route.  Do keep in mind that the Estimated delivery dates are just that Estimated, and not set in stone.

You may also want to start checking the feedback profile pages of the sellers you intend to buy from. Very low feedback ones can be problematic because of their inexperience.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Is it the seller from Egypt, dropshipping from Amazon that has received 37 negative feedback the last month for not shipping?

Have a great day
Message 5 of 5
latest reply