cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITEM NOT RECEIVED

What happened to reporting a Seller on Ebay. The seller has over 40 negative feedbacks and still

is permitted to sell on Ebay I ordered a Messi card he was selling as a Presale. I was told by the seller that the card shipped out 7 days ago when he said it would arrive within 3-5 days. The shipping says the card shipped out and it will arrive on October 17?? Ebay should BAN PRE-SALES. They are nothing but SCAMMERS trying to pull a fast one. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, I CANNOT REPORT A CLAIM UNTIL OCT. 17? THE SELLER SHOULD BE KICKED OFF EBAY WITH ALL HIS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

ITEM NOT RECEIVED

hmmm.... sounds like you should not have bought a pre-sale item.

pre-sale items must ship within 30 days of purchase.

Had you hit the back button when you saw the negative FB or that the item was Pre-sale, you would not be waiting until Oct. 18 to (maybe) file a claim.

Buyers need to take some ownership of the cause and effect of their actions too.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

ITEM NOT RECEIVED

You both show as in the US. I'm quite curious about your tracking. What is the carrier?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

ITEM NOT RECEIVED

@rl_steinway,

"I was told by the seller that the card shipped out 7 days ago when he said it would arrive within 3-5 days". 

In looking at the listing I saw in the Item description from seller section

"PRESALE: Ships in 3-5 weeks!"  The estimate delivery date if I bought today is in November.

Buyers have to read every thing on a listing page before buying.  When buying Pre-Release items it is always a smart thing to check the Mfr.'s site to see if there are delays in the time of an item's posted release date.

As for the seller's feedback, most experienced ebay members will not buy from high volume sellers with less than a 98.6% rating. Even if in the rest of the online retail industry that rating would be a good one.   Since only negative feedback count against the seller's rating you should check the neutral comments as well. I did that and many of the neutrals aren't really negative comments at all.

You want ebay to kick a seller off for having issues with about 3% of their transactions?  If you received 1 negative right now, your feedback percentage could drop by 2%, are you sure you want ebay to be so harsh?

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

ITEM NOT RECEIVED

Ebay will soon remove that feedback too. New policy for top sellers: negs & even neutrals scrubbed. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

ITEM NOT RECEIVED

In the listing, you saw an estimated delivery date.  Evidently, you were willing to wait that long or you wouldn't have gone ahead with the purchase, right? And those negative feedbacks were available for you to read also.

If/when you do not receive your purchase by that EDD, you know you can open an INR case 24 hours after that date? 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

ITEM NOT RECEIVED

Ships in 3-5 weeks is against the presale-listings-policy. Presale items must be shipped by 30 days. 5 weeks later is against policy.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply