cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received this email: Activity on your account isn’t following policy: Abusive buyer policy

Activity on your account didn't follow our Abusive buyer policy. Buyers may not misuse feedback, returns, buyer protection programs, or payment dispute processes.

What activity didn't follow the policy

- Filing excessive requests claiming that you didn't receive your items.

I ordered an expensive camera on Aug 10. The estimated shipping window was very large, from Aug 23 to Sep 20. Because this was an expensive order, that the shipping was strangely long and that I hadn't received any shipping updates since Sep 2, I decided to contact the seller on Sep 22 saying that I hadn't received the item and wanted to know what was going on. A few hours later, my account was suspended and I'm no longer on the money back guarantee (even for orders made before the suspension, including the camera I haven't received).  Up until now the only time I had ever made a claim was when I had ordered a refurbished phone that arrived bricked years prior. I reached out to Ebay and they said the decision was final. When I asked what instance lead to my suspension the agent cut the conversation.

What is the policy

- Buyer’s can’t misuse eBay’s return process. The following actions are not allowed:
-- Returning an item other than the original item received
-- Using or damaging an item and then returning it
-- Making false claims, such as:
--- Returning an item with the reason that it wasn’t as described when it was described accurately
--- Saying an item wasn’t received when it was delivered

Seeing as I wasn't in violation of any of these I was hoping the agent would resolve the situation, but he just doubled down on the suspension instead.

I don't know what to do. I hope the camera arrives and I can just forget about this, but at this rate I'm not sure it'll ever arrive...

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: I received this email: Activity on your account isn’t following policy: Abusive buyer policy

We received tracking information from the seller that shows the item was delivered to your address or will be arriving shortly.
Did they get new tracking information that I don't have or are they pulling that out of their a**?

@logoss_24 

eBay is not going to tell you that or give you the number.  Likely, as suggested by the other poster, they may have gotten a "new" tracking number from the seller.  A different one that shows movement perhaps, probably issued before your even bought your item for all you know.  eBay is not going to give that up, so you can determine if it is fake. 

Never heard of a claim being denied for "or will arrive shortly".  I will remember this for a very long time. 

Time for the credit card chargeback.   Be sure to explain the "fake tracking" scam when you file.  Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. 

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

Re: I received this email: Activity on your account isn’t following policy: Abusive buyer policy

@logoss_24 

Wonder how they got the "new" tracking from an already Naru'd seller?  

GO TO YOUR CREDIT CARD.....

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

UPDATE:

After:
-Making the claim through ebay's site
-getting my account suspended
-Contacting ebay directly and speaking to an agent and being dismissed
-trying and failing to contact the seller who (who was no longer a registered user)
-posting here
-Talking to the ebay facebook page people and being dismissed/told to contact the seller (lol)

-Having my case closed with the claim that they had received "proof" from the seller  that it " had been delivered or was about to be delivered"
-Making an appeal FOUR TIMES with my order number and tracking number telling them it was never delivered (each time either told to that it was resolved or told to contact the seller lol)
-Giving up and getting ready to see my cc provider...

I was approved for a refund!!!
I mean would have certainly passed on all the stress this caused me, but I'm glad it's (nearly) over. I just have to wait a few days for the refund to be processed apparently.

Account still suspended though

Message 33 of 44
latest reply

@logoss_24 

Thanks for the update!   Still wondering, however, how they managed to get tracking from a Naru'd user that showed "proof" from the seller  that it " had been delivered or was about to be delivered"

This is the first time I have ever seen an INR denied because something was 'about to be delivered' (to an address somewhere?).   

Message 34 of 44
latest reply

I'm with you on that one, no clue.

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

Me too. However I had three returns thisyear. First return was a Playschool CD which was faulty. It had a scratch on it which caused skipping, so I returned it and the seller accepted my request, but the package never even made it back to the seller and I didn't even get a refund, so this return should not have been held against me because I didn't get refunded. The second one was totally my fault. I returned a CD because I decided I no longer needed it. I was refunded the cost of the CD and not the delivery because it was my decision to return it and it wasn't faulty. eBay lost nothing here. Now the 3rd and final return was not my fault, and it went against me. This time, it was the one that appears to have been refused when it was not refused by me or the occupent at the delivery address. My solution, I will no longer return. Instead I'm just going to sell the unwanted item because that is what eBay is for. It is a place to sell your unwanted stuff, not a place to buy then change your mind and return. Amazon has this same policy and will punnish customers in the same way.

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

Turns out the seller may have been an eBay employee who pulled this scam. First, they don't send your item and second, he/ she deliveratly bans you from MBG so you can't file a claim and get your refund. This is just my humble opinion. If he wasn't an eBay employee, you probably wouldn't have been banned. Last but not least, he closes his own account to cause the item not found error when you contact.

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

aluminum foil stock prices just went up

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

@logoss_24    - Filing excessive requests claiming that you didn't receive your items.

If you had posted with your actual account, maybe we could have checked for you, feel free to do that so we can maybe see what has happened, if your account is only suspended you can still post with it........... or not, up to you 😊

@sna-4293  That is a very serious claim to make, an eBay employee, sure hope you have the proof to back that up.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 39 of 44
latest reply

No I have not been suspended. I can still buy/ post, but I've been warned that I have an excessive return rate. Got the email last night. I refuse to make future returns.

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

You have had a lot of issues getting items into Australia - perhaps because of the restrictions with delivery because of lockdowns, your home group will be able to assist you better with Au customs and lockdown issues and restrictions.

https://community.ebay.com.au/

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

"The package was from Russia"

Ahhhh, That's key! contact your credit card issuer and do a charge back. And stop buying from Russia, China and many other eastern European/Asian countries. West is best!

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

P.S. @logoss_24 

Why in the world would you buy an expensive camera from Russia anyway? What, the expensive quality cameras in the U.S. not good enough? Come on....... you know better, or at least now you do. Do your CC chargeback. At least that should make you whole again.

Good luck!

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

@sna-4293 wrote:

No I have not been suspended. I can still buy/ post, but I've been warned that I have an excessive return rate. Got the email last night. I refuse to make future returns.

My reply was not to you,  it was generic, which is why I tagged you and the other poster separately and replied to each of you with a different comment. This is why hijacking another posters thread is not always a good idea, misunderstandings.....

My reply to you was you hopefully have proof to back up your accusation that an eBay employee was scamming - ebay have a lot of lawyers.

Message 44 of 44
latest reply