cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got totally duped...ADVISE PLEASE

I had purchased a Lot of 3 phone chargers from a seller who sent me the wrong ones for my phone. In their listing it states they accept free returns. I filed a return that they never responded to so I had to have "Ebay step in". I was granted my refund by Ebay and then I left negative feedback as it was deserved due to poor service. I never leave negative feedback if issues get resolved and sellers are professional about their mistake. The seller then sent me a message stating if I revised the feedback, they would send me a free complimentary gift for their mistake. Well, the mistake was mine because I revised the negative into a positive and NEVER received my complimentary gift. I feel totally scammed! Should I report this seller. The entire conversation exchange is in writing. One thing I cannot stand is a Liar. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?? I am a seller myself and would NEVER do this to a buyer. How do people just lie like that? Im disgusted!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can leave a Response to any feedback, your own or the seller's, indefinitely.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I was totally unaware of that. thank you for that information!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

How that happens?

{Oops!  I feel a bout of non-PCism coming on....}  Unscrupulous  seller and a gullible buyer.

However, what you described could be considered as "feedback extortion."  Not sure it fits the terms stated in the policy, but take a look for your self and if you decide to proceed, there is a link one can click on.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-policies/feedback-extortion-policy?id=4230&st=2&pos=3&qu...

Be sure to click on the Plus (+) symbol and read the full policy. 

How this stops is that, when it happens, those effected by it report it to eBay and eBay in their wisdom takes action.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Never fall for that promise of a reward if you revise feedback. It will never happen.

I don't think it would reflect well on you that you were willing to remove your negative feedback for a reward. IMO most would leave it stand.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply