cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn´t receive item and I can´t get a refund (the seller "disappeared"). What can I do?

Hi, English is not my first language, so I apologize for any grammar mistake.

I won a auction in november 02, 2016 for a "pre-order" game. I paid around 300 usd (shipping included)  the same day and the seller told me that he would sent me the game when it was released. 

Until March everything was ok,  but then the seller "disappeared".(He stopped answering my questions). The game was released in April, and now is almost july and I haven´t received my game 😞

This is the problem: I tried to contact Ebay for the refund option for this type of case, but I can't open a request because the webpage don´t accept the item number (neither the seller id).

What can I do to contact Ebay? Can I ask for a refund 6 month after the transaction?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I didn´t receive item and I can´t get a refund (the seller "disappeared"). What can I do?

@pedrdosqueconch-0

All preorders MUST be shipped within 30 days. That's eBay's policy. And eBay only gives you 30 days after the last estimated delivery date to open a case. You're also outside of PayPal's deadline, which is 180 days after the transaction date.

If you paid via credit card, call the number on the back of the card. They may be able to help you. Otherwise, you're out of luck.  Sorry.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Pre-order transactions are tricky because you have to be aware of the time line on such listings and also the time line for opening cases.

Takikawa is right because I recall the item was to be delivered in 30 days and the timeline for opening a dispute was 30 days.  That's cutting it close!

That is a very long time line that you mention.  I don't think it complies with ebay rules and procedures regarding pre-orders.

I have only bought something pre-order once, but I was well aware the listing was ebay legal, and what the time line would be for a dispute.  

As it was, the item was not released when they said it would be, but just a little late.  I bought this from a seller I had bought from other times, so I knew she was trustworthy, but I still held my breath and sweated out the delivery time.  All went well.

There are strict rules that govern pre-orders on eBay.  

Sadly, your credit card company is your only hope now.  Good Luck!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Too late for credit card refund as well
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@1986puma

Some allow more than 180 days.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply