cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bit it on property and won.

Just had major surgery I could not drive I was telling the buyer that I was not able to get to Staples for fax machine due to surgery and I was put on probation for 12 months it is typically normal I bid I win I communicate with everyone..

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Did you have a question? 
Are you the buyer or the seller? What exactly do you mean you bit it on property and won? 
Do you mean you bid on a piece of property and won? If so congrats.

Sorry to hear you had surgery. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

PLEASE return here and tell us EXACTLY what's going on.  Can't figure out what kind of help you need because your information is too vague.

First, you tell us you were telling the BUYER something and then you mention something about bidding, making it sound like you are the buyer.

Can you see why your message is confusing?

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

The only communication you need to do is pay after winning and maybe leave feedback. Everything else is automated. Not sure about the what's and whys re the Stapels and sending a fax?

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I had major surgery spent 5 months in a hospital bed at home. Nurse came by every other day the first month or so. The second night home my wife unbeknown to me unplugged my phone. I was making calls in the middle of the night and did not know it. The people i called told my wife what i was doing. It was the medication and i did not remember any of it. Maybe that is what is going on here.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

You still haven't told us details about your eBay transaction.

Did you bid on and win real estate? (property)

What date was this?

Bids or offers on real estate are non binding. Either party can walk away 

at the end of the auction. A bid shows your interest in the property. 

Just curious, did you bid on property with a clear title with no liens or taxes due?  Or do you not know?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Are you saying you received a non paying bidder strike?  It takes two or more of those in a year to get a buyer blocked from bidding.    Keep in mind sellers are charged a fee for selling and the only way to get it refunded is to file a case.    Not sure about land transactions. Are you blocked from bidding by eBay?

As others have stated you need to give more info.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@chargers1973 

Since you may never return to give us more information, I'm going to make some *massive* assumptions based on the sparse information you've given us. First, I'm going to assume you intended to say you were telling the seller, not the buyer, and that you're the buyer here.

I'm not sure how a fax plays into your situation, but you need to realize that your surgery is a 'you problem', not a 'seller problem'. I've had major surgery several times in the past and always managed to make arrangements to take care of my pending tasks. So that's not an acceptable excuse in eBay's eyes for not paying for a purchase.

It's not really correct to say you're on probation for 12 months. What you've apparently run into is an option eBay gives sellers to block bidders who have two unpaid item strikes in a 12-month period. So unless this purchase was for two separate listings you've failed to pay for another purchase in the past year. But not all sellers use the unpaid items block, so there may still be sellers who will allow you to purchase from them.

As I said, all this is just guesswork on my part. If you'll come back and give us some information we can expand upon or correct this information based on what you tell us.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@4pawsup* 

"The second night home my wife unbeknown to me unplugged my phone. I was making calls in the middle of the night"

How do you make calls in the middle of the night, after your wife has unplugged your phone?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I read that as he was making calls and then wife unplugged the phone after finding out about it.

General reply:

Still not sure what making calls and buying something on eBay have to do with each other or where not being able to get to Staples to send fax fits in unless the OP is still on dial up. There are people out there that still are using dial-up because of location, so was unable to complete the buying process. 

If the OP doesn't have a scanner and did buy some property as in Real Estate, may have needed to transmit some documents to complete the transaction. Don't know, just a guess. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Seems like another case of  an OP posting gibberish and everyone has to try and sort out the heads from the tales.🙄  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@redmodelt 

Just had to give you kudos for including ALL of the OP’s disparate info into a single guess!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply