cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Monday?

Message 1 of 139
latest reply
138 REPLIES 138

Re: I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Mond

Another new buyer with an I want it now attitude.

Another buyer blocked!

Message 46 of 139
latest reply

Re: I am getting so sick and tired of sellers -sale on Friday and can't be bothered to ship til Mond

agreed with pb-us........i think that many sellers would respond to a friendly inquiry asking to ship asap. its not worth getting upset over.

Message 47 of 139
latest reply

There is no eBay rule that requires sellers to ship on non-business days.

Saturday is a non-business day, as is Sunday.

Message 48 of 139
latest reply

You need to take a Chill Pill. Not all POST OFFICES are opened on Saturday. If you are in such a hurry to get your items, then go shop at your local Walmart.
Message 49 of 139
latest reply

I remember the old, 4 to 6 weeks, statement.

Message 50 of 139
latest reply

I agree. You can have all the crybaby needy unreasonable buyers. You deal with their problems and expectations. I will stick to the mature understanding buyers that I have had up until this point hoping that it will continue to be so. Also, I dont dance to anyone's tune. I do things my way. If someone doesn't like it, they are free to move on.

CW4PWK--Taji,Iraq-42404
'They won't get it all, and they won't have it long.'

'You gotta see those creeps crawl...' Echo & the Bunnymen-"Crocodiles'
Message 51 of 139
latest reply

A pity, since it wouldn't require waiting until Monday.....

Message 52 of 139
latest reply

What new entitled nonsense is this?

Is this an ironic post and I missed it? It wasn't in green.

Message 53 of 139
latest reply

A recent example of an entitled buyer - I got a Best Offer last night (Tues October 9th) with a note in it that they had to receive this package by Friday the 12th for a party the next day. 

Now I could probably get it there on time with Priority Mail, but I wasn't going to take a chance that he would want to return it at my expense.  I turned down his offer. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 54 of 139
latest reply

@mountainmommie wrote:

I will go to the post office multiple times a day ...

Depending on how far you live from the post office you might not be so great at this capitalism thing as you seem to think.

Have you ever checked to see if your time and gas, wear and tear on vehicle, etc. are really worth multiple daily trips to the PO?  Do you realize that likely no matter what time you drop your packages off during the day they all will still leave the PO at the same time on the same truck in the afternoon? 

So multiple daily trips to the PO are wasted time/money.  Your packages aren't going to reach their destination any faster than someone who makes one trip, or someone who has carrier pickup.

Message 55 of 139
latest reply

Flat out wrong. When I ship from my local suburban Denver station they make multiple trips a day to the Denver hub. If I drop at certain locations here in Lynchburg vs Bedford vs Roanoke they can make it to Greensboro sooner or later that same day. I can cut off a day of shipping sometimes.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Message 56 of 139
latest reply

I am sitting here perplexed on why, 3 days later, I still have to justify my post. I have 20+ years of selling experience on eBay under multiple selling and buying IDs. Do you just think I don't know what I'm doing?

I appreciate my buyers and if I can get a package to them sooner than they hoped for, why is that a bad thing?

Message 57 of 139
latest reply

@mountainmommie wrote:

Do you just think I don't know what I'm doing?

Making multiple daily trips to the post office does raise that possibility.

@mountainmommie wrote:

I appreciate my buyers and if I can get a package to them sooner than they hoped for, why is that a bad thing?

It's not a bad thing.  It's just questionable as to whether it is actually of any benefit.  Time and gas and vehicle wear and tear are worth something.  If you've got nothing better to do than run back and forth to the PO, more power to you.

Others might find that being better organized, making just one trip or arranging just one carrier pickup daily leaves more time for useful activities.  With very little difference in actual delivery time.

Message 58 of 139
latest reply

@mountainmommie wrote:
 ... When I ship from my local suburban Denver station they make multiple trips a day to the Denver hub.... I can cut off a day of shipping sometimes.....

But why is that worth so much effort and time out of your day?

Message 59 of 139
latest reply

It is not a bad thing.  But the implication that I am reading from your posts is, that because you can do this, everyone else should be able to do it also.  But that is just not how it works or that E-bay requires it to work.  Many people don't have parcel pickup.  Many people live quite a ways from a PO or Blue Drop Box.  Many rural post offices are closed on Saturdays and Sundays.   Or Friday orders may come in after the PO is closed for that day.   Shipping items off quickly is great, but the expectation that everyone has the same set of circumstances, thus allowing them to ship quickly, is not, IMHO, a reasonable expectation.  For me to ship three or four times a day would necessitate adding 80 miles to my car plus a two hour travel time just to go to the PO.  Wouldn't have time in the day to do this along with all the other things that life hands us.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 60 of 139
latest reply