cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon are cars/trucks deleted after sale?

.. found a car on ebay Saturday but it's not showing today. I'm assuming it's been sold. Once a vehicle is sold is it immediately deleted? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How soon are cars/trucks deleted after sale?

Maybe the seller took down the listing?  Did you have the item saved in you eBay watch list, or bookmarked?  You could also search in your browsing history.  If you can find the exact page, it should say if it was sold or is unavailable.  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@xtn7961,

The previous answer has some good info, you should use in the future Add items to your watch list, or book mark the page. Saving items in your watch list will leave them there until you delete them. Though if an item has sold out, you will only be able to view the item details for up to 90 days after the item sold.

There is another way of finding the listing and that is to scroll back up the page to the main search bar.

On its right you will see an Advanced button, click on it.

On the page that opens enter as much of the title as you can remember Mfr.'s name, year, make, model, style...

Below that use the drop down in the All Categories box and add eBay Motors.

Then check the sold and completed boxes, then click on the search button.

On the results page above the first listings on the right there will be a sort by button and menu, select ended soonest. You should be able to find the listing, unless ebay pulled it.

Some times when you open an ended listing you may see a message saying The listing ended buy we found something similar. look at the page carefully and you will find a (see original listing) button. use that to open the item you were searching for.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I have to ask, are you 100%, beyond a shadow of a doubt, positively sure that the advertised vehicle was actually ON eBay? There is no chance that it was on FB MP, Craigs List, or elsewhere and it *claimed* to be on eBay?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

In the My eBay drop down, click on recently viewed. If you opened and looked at it, it could be there. 

My eBay - Recently viewed

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Good info, everybody. Thx. .. will keep these replies within ez reach. As is, I found the listing. The seller had sold the car a day earlier. Oh yeah, here's a good one: Never get in an argument with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level & beat you with experience. George Carlin  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply