cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much time to ship a paid for order

I only buy on ebay and lately I have been having a problem with sellers waiting 4-5 days, sometimes even longer, to take my purchase to the post office and mail it after I have insta-paid for my item. For me, when I buy something off of you and pay you money I expect it to be shipped out the next day, two at the most. Bought something last friday, and the guy didn't ship it til late tuesday and only after I e-mailed him and asked why my item hadn't been shipped yet. He told me he had taken it to the post office already even though the tracking clearly said that he hadn't. Said the USPS was "slow" which is meaningless since they scan your item as soon as you walk up to the counter. About 3 hours later it popped up as rec'd at the post office. If I hadn't contacted him I'm sure he would have waited another day or two. What to you guys think?

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: How much time to ship a paid for order

I check the sellers handling time and don't expect it to be shipped any earlier then that.

Not all sellers use the counter to drop off package, some just toss them in a bin, so they don't get scanned right then.

Have a great day
Message 16 of 31
latest reply

@skinrule24 wrote:

I forgot to add that the listing said items ship 1 day after cleared payment. Sat. and mon. are not unrealistic. Guess I won't be buying anything from you

Just remember ... some post offices are not open on Saturday at all. Mine is not. Since I like to hand packages over the counter to get them scanned Saturday would be impossible for me. And I cannot get my rural mail carrier in my area to pick up mail because I live almost a mile off the state maintained road and they won't come up here for any reason. And I don't have a rural mail box to leave packages ... I only have a PO Box. Thus I have my handling time for listings set at 5 business days since I have to make a 12 mile round trip to go to the Post Office.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

@skinrule24 wrote:

I forgot to add that the listing said items ship 1 day after cleared payment. Sat. and mon. are not unrealistic.

Saturday is unrealistic if their local post office is not open on weekends.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

True. Mine is open Sat. And if not then an e-mail telling me when I can expect him to mail it would be nice

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

I think you're misinformed when payments clear but it's easily verified when they clear.

When I use my bank debit or bank credit card to make a retail purchase  I get an alert on my cell phone, many times while I'm still at the register or walking away with my purchase.

They debit my account right away after paying but the merchant does not get the funds instantly. 

The credit card payment processor deposits the funds in the merchant's account in 1-3 days. 

ADYEN is eBay's payment processor.  The payment isn't released to the seller instantly.

You should do a little bit of research if you don't  believe me. 

I suggest going to the Help & Contact  link and type in the search bar Getting Paid for items you've sold, and read the 4 minute article. 

Then go to Google and type in the  search How long does it take to get funds in credit card processing.  Then after you read that type in the search ACH payment processing time.

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

It's not that important. Just wanted to see what people thought. 

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

“When you start questioning sellers about their slow shipping procedures,  you may find yourself on their 'Best Buddie List'.”

when a seller is slow in shipping, they go on my “never buy from again” list 

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

When I shop here, I always check the last estimated delivery date as seen in the listing before making my purchase.  

I don't really care when the seller ships as long as item gets to me by a few days past the EDD.

And, as far as I can tell, my method is stress-free, although probably not for everyone. 

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

The minute a buyer buys, should be when its paid for. Unless the seller was contacted to work something else out prior to making the buy.  If I can not meet my obligation to ship by the stated time, I always reach out as soon as I know I'm not gonna be able, to apologize, and let the buyer know. It's crazy how people act like sending a simple message is so hard. Most people are very understanding if you actually take the time to make them aware. The seller is definitely wrong in that sense. To just assume they'll be ok with such a delay is bad business 🙄

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

As a buyer myself too, If I get an offer from a seller and can't make payment until payday and it's 3 days before, I always reach out and ask if that would be OK? If they don't reply or say they're not to keen on it, I don't buy. Even if they say yes but with an aggravated sounding reply.  Just because ebay gives you "4" days, i never assume its just ok. Common courtesy is lacking everywhere these days. 

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

I totally agree with you! I'm waiting for someone to ship something to me as we speak. Bought it a couple of days ago and sitting on day 2 (will be day 4) by the time they take it to the post office because of it being thr weekend now. It's not that I don't give some grace here because certainly things happen.  However,  I definitely agree that if something is Bought  from someone,  they need to have it shipped out no later than 2 days.  Ebay needs to implement this policy on sellers. 

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

they need to have it shipped out no later than 2 days

-----------------------------------------------------

If you purchase from me today, by the policies set by eBay, and my stated handling time I must ship by Jan 26th.

I would likely ship before then, but "your expectations" do not dictate my shipping policy 🙂

eBay policy is from "same day" to 40 days.

Check the listing and purchase accordingly.

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

eBay should take another look after shipping policies. It should be 24 hours after the purchase is completed excluding weekends and they're 30 days rule is absurd and should be looked at by eBay a second time and extended shipping time should be by agreement with the purchaser and the seller. I also have had issues with sellers that wait four or five days to ship an item. The issuance of a shipping label should certainly not be considered as the package being shipped. I've experienced similar situations as you but for the most part I have found sellers to be more than responsible that's called good business

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

It's **bleep**. Excuses is all i get. When I was selling, I shipped next day hundreds of times. Sick? 😄 SHIP FROM HOME. ITS SIMPLE.  This slow shipping appens all the time to me. I'm waiting over 10 days to get two signed photos from two different sellers. Start sending negative feedback, it's the only way to make lazy wake up, and get to the post office. 

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Ok .... but what are the sellers handling times and what are the estimated dates of delivery? 
Not all sellers ship with tracking. Not all sellers ship next day.Let's not forget USPS delays and slow downs. 
The estimated dates of delivery are all that matters. 

Message 30 of 31
latest reply