cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i delete negative feedback I left for seller?

I purchased an item that I hadn't received within the estimated delivery date.   I then tried contacting the seller but got no reply.  I then noticed that the item was never shipped - according to Ebay's helpful icons on the purchase page.  My next move seemed obvious - I needed to open a case.

Ebay gave this seller something like 5 days to respond before I could have them get involved and give me my refund.  After 3 days I had enough.  This was an item I got for a great price - lower than similar items listed by far.  This would have been the 3rd time in a couple of weeks that I won an auction on an item and paid far less than what the item usually sells for and the other two times the seller never sent the item and I was refunded.  All the signs were telling me that this transaction was exactly the same, so I didn't even bother waiting for Ebay's decision and I left negative feedback for the seller. 

I then noticed a late package delivery and when I opened it I was very happy to see that it was the item I was so upset about.  It was in great condition and I was very grateful that the seller sent it to me.  Now I hate myself for being so impatient (even though it was at least a week past the estimated delivery) and for thinking I was so sure that I knew what was going on when I obviously didn't.  I now regret leaving that neg.  

I contacted the seller to let them know and they made me feel even worse by being so nice about it and telling me that they don't care about their feedback because they don't sell very often.  I still wish to be able to remove this neg because they don't deserve it.  Yeah, they deserve a low rating for communication and for shipping speed, but I was totally wrong about lumping this person in with some of the sellers I have had to leave negs for in the past.  How can I get this neg removed?  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How do i delete negative feedback I left for seller?

The seller has to send you a feedback revision request so you can revise the neg.

You should already know this because you have done a feedback revision before.

@edjgraphix1 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

There are lots of things I've done before, doesn't necessarily mean that I remember and have no need in asking how to accomplish the task once again.  As I said, they don't care about it but I would still like to try to fix this and hopefully make this as easy as possible for the seller.  I treated this seller as though they were as active as I am as a seller when they are far from it.   I'm trying to do what I would hope someone would do for me if this situation was reversed, I'm not out to try to start a conversation for something I already know.  

Feedback Revision Request is a good start - but what does that mean?  I tell the seller to look it up and my job is done?  I guess I could look up the info myself and find out, but whenever I do that it turns out that I learn how to do stuff in previous versions of Ebay - not the 2019 version.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The seller has to send you a feedback revision request. You can contact the seller and ask them to send you one.

Your alternative is to post a follow-up to your original feedback comment.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The seller has to send you a feedback revision request, and when you receive it you can change the neg.

You can't change the neg without a feedback revision request.

Also, there is a 30 day time limit. After 30 days from the date the neg was left, it will not be possible to revise the neg.

@edjgraphix1 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@edjgraphix1 wrote:

I purchased an item that I hadn't received within the estimated delivery date.   I then tried contacting the seller but got no reply.  I then noticed that the item was never shipped - according to Ebay's helpful icons on the purchase page.  My next move seemed obvious - I needed to open a case.

Ebay gave this seller something like 5 days to respond before I could have them get involved and give me my refund.  After 3 days I had enough.  This was an item I got for a great price - lower than similar items listed by far.  This would have been the 3rd time in a couple of weeks that I won an auction on an item and paid far less than what the item usually sells for and the other two times the seller never sent the item and I was refunded.  All the signs were telling me that this transaction was exactly the same, so I didn't even bother waiting for Ebay's decision and I left negative feedback for the seller. 

I then noticed a late package delivery and when I opened it I was very happy to see that it was the item I was so upset about.  It was in great condition and I was very grateful that the seller sent it to me.  Now I hate myself for being so impatient (even though it was at least a week past the estimated delivery) and for thinking I was so sure that I knew what was going on when I obviously didn't.  I now regret leaving that neg.  

I contacted the seller to let them know and they made me feel even worse by being so nice about it and telling me that they don't care about their feedback because they don't sell very often.  I still wish to be able to remove this neg because they don't deserve it.  Yeah, they deserve a low rating for communication and for shipping speed, but I was totally wrong about lumping this person in with some of the sellers I have had to leave negs for in the past.  How can I get this neg removed?  

Which brings up another point here.   These are Estimated delivery dates by E-bay, not guaranteed by the seller.  If I understand the way this works correctly, E-bay takes the sellers past shipping time into consideration and then uses that to estimate delivery time.

But, as in my case, I usually can get things shipped out within 24-48 hours but I have a three business day handling time which is where E-bay should start their EDT from.   Say an auction ends on Friday, buyer pays on Sunday and I ship on Tuesday.   I am well within my three day handling time from the time the item is paid for.  So the estimated delivery time for this item should be no earlier than the following Monday if not even a couple of days past that.

Even using PM, sellers should have a cushion from E-bay to take into account any issues with the delivery service.

Fast Shipping and fast delivery are two entirely different things.   A seller can get the item shipped out within their handling time but there is nothing that they can do about how long the item is in transport.

Of course, I am probably in the minority here when I say that more attention should be paid to the listed handling time so that Buyers don't expect something that sellers haven't promised.  If a seller says that they have a five-day handling time, that should be respected.

COYOTES RULE!!!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply