cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have an order shipped by "Aquiline", how screwed am I?

Never heard of the shipper, looked them up and top results are to discussions indicating it's presence might be indicative of a scam. Of course I can't cancel the order now that it's marked "shipped", and I have to just wait and see.

Is this a known scam? How screwed am I? Is ebay going to insist I got it because there's a "tracking number" involved? I'd hate to have to do a chargeback since ebay is my alternative to amazon.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Aquiline is not a shipper. It's a backend system that converts tracking numbers from shippers whose tracking numbers aren't compatible with eBay to a tracking number that can be read by eBay's system. It's most commonly used by sellers using Fulfilled by Amazon, where their goods are warehoused and fulfilled at Amazon and delivered by Amazon drivers. It's no more a scam than Bluecare or any of the other systems that do the same thing. The complaints come because when there are delivery issues it's very difficult to resolve them. Long story short, it's quite likely your package is being delivered by an Amazon driver.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Aquiline is not a shipper. It's a backend system that converts tracking numbers from shippers whose tracking numbers aren't compatible with eBay to a tracking number that can be read by eBay's system. It's most commonly used by sellers using Fulfilled by Amazon, where their goods are warehoused and fulfilled at Amazon and delivered by Amazon drivers. It's no more a scam than Bluecare or any of the other systems that do the same thing. The complaints come because when there are delivery issues it's very difficult to resolve them. Long story short, it's quite likely your package is being delivered by an Amazon driver.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ah, gotcha. I've had FBA deliver stuff I ordered on ebay in the past, that actually makes total sense. I'll update this if that (or something similar) turns out to be the case. Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

What kathiec described turned out to be true, the order was delivered by amazon. Thanks again!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@thegreatni wrote:

Never heard of the shipper, looked them up and top results are to discussions indicating it's presence might be indicative of a scam. Of course I can't cancel the order now that it's marked "shipped", and I have to just wait and see.

Is this a known scam? How screwed am I? Is ebay going to insist I got it because there's a "tracking number" involved? I'd hate to have to do a chargeback since ebay is my alternative to amazon. 

At the top-left corner @thegreatni of your package label 

nenu5410_0-1699387440042.png

Does it say Amazon.com, or the seller's store name?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

We've thrown the packaging away, sorry!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Stop spamming the board with old Aquiline threads, not allowed.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 7 of 7
latest reply